Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replacing the Leon Knight picture at the Amex with one of FDM

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Aside from his latest shenanigans I've never really got why Knight is there when more obvious 'iconic' figures seemed a better choice. Simply put, what do folks reckon on asking the club to put FDM up there instead and if they refuse because of costs who might be prepared to stick up some dosh to pay for the replacement?

Not sure how much they cost but I'd happily bung £30 or so towards it.

Count me in , odious little twerp. Piss poor half-arsed penalty anyway, could quite easily have failed with that hesitation on his run up. I hate seeing that. No-one should miss from the penalty spot at that level. CSMFD.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So because the bloke has been a bit of a knob on Twitter, we should remove a picture of one of the all-time great Albion moments?

He's the ONLY Brighton player to score a winning goal in a final.

That day at The Millenium Stadium will never be forgotten.

Can't help but think some people are far too precious.

Is Michel Kuipers really more deserving of a place on the wall than, say, Gary Hart?

What about Guy Butters? Paul Rodgers? Do they deserve to be up there?

I agree. Its about football not a personality contest. He banged in a shedload of goals that took us up.I'm greatful for that. He had his best season here then screwed it up, shit happens.

If you want a comparative replacement then Gary Nelson?

Its a football club, no need for some quasi-marxist cultural revolution. Leave him up there and add the others.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It was only a penalty !!

'only' a penalty in front of 65,000 people in the last few minutes of a final with the whole season at stake.

A season where he scored something like 10 penalties and missed none.

'Only' a penalty my arse.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
'only' a penalty in front of 65,000 people in the last few minutes of a final with the whole season at stake.

A season where he scored something like 10 penalties and missed none.

'Only' a penalty my arse.

Would you agree that the word 'legend' is way overused though? Would you class Leon Knight as an Albion 'legend'?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Yep get rid particularly in light of all the odious nonsense since he left.

It seems the dilemma is striking a balance between selecting players "beloved" by the fans either for their skills and/or great attitude, or those that have made a major contribution at a pivotal moment in our history. Leon is only included under the latter category.

Perhaps controversial but i would ditch Lawrenson too. His almost constant denial of having ever played for us is so bloody annoying.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Leon Knight is a poor excuse for a human being. For that reason alone he should be nowhere near The Amex. Forget 'that' penalty, it isn't enough to have the poisoned dwarf's picture amongst some really great Albion people. Do we really want a racist who bullies women associated with our club? Vile little man-get rid of all traces of him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

It seems the dilemma is striking a balance between selecting players "beloved" by the fans either for their skills and/or great attitude, or those that have made a major contribution at a pivotal moment in our history. Leon is only included under the latter category.

Perhaps controversial but i would ditch Lawrenson too. His almost constant denial of having ever played for us is so bloody annoying.

I chatted to him at the Five Live studio in Salford a couple of months ago and he was very knowledgeable about the Albion.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So because the bloke has been a bit of a knob on Twitter, we should remove a picture of one of the all-time great Albion moments?

He's the ONLY Brighton player to score a winning goal in a final.

That day at The Millenium Stadium will never be forgotten.

Can't help but think some people are far too precious.

Is Michel Kuipers really more deserving of a place on the wall than, say, Gary Hart?

What about Guy Butters? Paul Rodgers? Do they deserve to be up there?

He's the ONLY Ex-Albion player to publicly be 'delighted' that we were relegated

It is a great picture of Leon, but I think he is less deserving than the likes of Dodge and Tank.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It has always baffled me how Adrian Thorne was not up there.
He scored 5 goals in the game that gave Brighton it's first ever promotion.
For that, he has always been a legend in my eyes.

Bizarrely, Adrian Thorne (then working in a school) was the man who comforted London headmaster Phillip Lawrence as he lay dying in 1995.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Mark Lawrenson admitting to loving his time at Brighton, in the 1980s:
"I loved Brighton as soon as I saw the place, bright, bustling and cosmopolitan, and the football club was on a high. They had just been promoted to the second division and everything was looking good... I defy anyone not to like living in Brighton. I could see myself staying there permanently long after my football career was over, that's how much I liked the place"
(The Autobiography)

Mark Lawrenson, admitting to loving his time at Brighton, in the 1990s:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Mark Lawrenson admitting to loving his time at Brighton, in the 2000s:
"Brighton was just so great. I'm sure everyone you've spoken to who went there has said the same thing. In terms of fun and everything it was just the best, apart from big Al occasionally going mental at us after games. It was a great time to be there with a great set of players and fantastic supporters."
(A Few Good Men, by Spencer Vignes)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I agree. Its about football not a personality contest. He banged in a shedload of goals that took us up.I'm greatful for that. He had his best season here then screwed it up, shit happens.

If you want a comparative replacement then Gary Nelson?

Its a football club, no need for some quasi-marxist cultural revolution. Leave him up there and add the others.

Quasi-Marxist? Have a word with yourself. We're just talking about replacing a picture of a bloke with another of someone we will still all remember fondly and feel more affinity with.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If it's going to be replaced then surely there is only one thing it can be replaced with??

262316d1302278162-crystal-palace-fan-kicked-cantona-denies-assault-sons-football-team-manager-eric_cantona_kung_fu_kick_.jpg

VIVE LA FRANCE!

You know what, Alan Mullery flicking the V's would be the absolute business

bha2.jpg

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Quasi-Marxist? Have a word with yourself. We're just talking about replacing a picture of a bloke with another of someone we will still all remember fondly and feel more affinity with.

Well pardon me, sounded more like a full on character assasination from what I read. In years to come it will be the stats that are remembered not all this bitching.

Did you ever celebrate a Knight goal? Do you now feel ashamed about it, and by exstention the team? If so f*** off and support a different club.

He is a Poisonous dwarf granted, but he has not commited and crime, he has not brought the club into disrepute. Hes history. Unless hes out to screw your sister all this posturing is f***ing retarded.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well pardon me, sounded more like a full on character assasination from what I read. In years to come it will be the stats that are remembered not all this bitching.

Did you ever celebrate a Knight goal? Do you now feel ashamed about it, and by exstention the team? If so f*** off and support a different club.

He is a Poisonous dwarf granted, but he has not commited and crime, he has not brought the club into disrepute. Hes history. Unless hes out to screw your sister all this posturing is f***ing retarded.

Robbie Reinelt scored two goals for the Albion, but will be remembered far longer than Leon. You rightly say Leon is a twat, would you want a picture of such a person on your wall?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here