Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replacing the Leon Knight picture at the Amex with one of FDM

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Aside from his latest shenanigans I've never really got why Knight is there when more obvious 'iconic' figures seemed a better choice. Simply put, what do folks reckon on asking the club to put FDM up there instead and if they refuse because of costs who might be prepared to stick up some dosh to pay for the replacement?

Not sure how much they cost but I'd happily bung £30 or so towards it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Aside from his latest shenanigans I've never really got why Knight is there when more obvious 'iconic' figures seemed a better choice. Simply put, what do folks reckon on asking the club to put FDM up there instead and if they refuse because of costs who might be prepared to stick up some dosh to pay for the replacement?

Good idea. And I will happily help tear down Leon's current image.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I was going to post exactly the same thing. Maybe you should add a poll, they may take a bitof notice of that.
His messages on Twitter yesterday, now being reported in the newspapers, can only reflect badly on the club.
What will visiting fans think when walking past the West Stand, and knobs arriving for 1901 and private functions, walking past the legends banners and say, "Oh look, isnt that the foul mouthed ex footballer who was in the papers recently for Tweeting abuse. And he is one of their legends!"

Get it down today before the new season starts.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I'd agree ... can't see the club refusing or wanting money. I'm sure they can reflect and see that it was an error. All fans would overwhelmingly support a change.

Drop an email to Paul Barber?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No need to raise money. Simply SELL the Knight banner to pay for the new one.

All that we need is to find someone who would like a 12 foot banner of Leon Knight, in their lounge.

(might have to wait until he finds a new club stupid enough to take him on, so he can afford it, though... )

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Totally agree. Either Kuipers or a pic of Buckley slotting home the winner against Donny.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What will visiting fans think when walking past the West Stand, and knobs arriving for 1901 and private functions, walking past the legends banners and say, "Oh look, isnt that the foul mouthed ex footballer who was in the papers recently for Tweeting abuse. And he is one of their legends!"

John Terry is a Chelsea legend
Luis Suarez is a Liverpool Ledgend, so is Bruce Grobellar (sp?)
Who was the legendary footballer who made sexist/racist comments off camera on SSN?

Racists and cheats the lot of them.

That said, I agree, remove Leon Knight, replace with FDM.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

All that we need is to find someone who would like a 12 foot banner of Leon Knight, in their lounge.

(might have to wait until he finds a new club stupid enough to take him on, so he can afford it, though... )

Leon Knight would probably buy it.

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Totally agree. I was surprised he was up there in the first place & I couldn't get how FDM wasn't. Ashley barnes has a better goal ratio with us than him anyway!!

Leon Knight 106 games... 30 goals
Ashley Barnes 93 games .....33 goals

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Leon Knight would probably buy it.

Er, yes. That's what I meant...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Totally agree, he's no Albion legend. The fact that FDM and OGH are somehow lower than him in the order of Albion legends is baffling.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The club need to be approaching the artist who originally did the "Legend" images and commission him to do a Michel Kuipers replacement image. Not doing anything about it is a complete travesty.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Knight will never be a legend anywhere

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
If it's going to be replaced then surely there is only one thing it can be replaced with??

262316d1302278162-crystal-palace-fan-kicked-cantona-denies-assault-sons-football-team-manager-eric_cantona_kung_fu_kick_.jpg

VIVE LA FRANCE!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here