Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reo Hatate

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was just thinking the other day, I know we have a tour planned for US East Coast, but wouldn’t one to Japan/Asia make sense while we have Mitoma with us? With or without a compatriot.

Just wishful thinking probably as I’d be booking flights the moment it was confirmed and suppose tickets would probably be harder to come by than at the Amex!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Was thinking about this while reading Gordon Greer's loan report.

His "sideways move" from swindon must be one of the best sideways move of all time!
"Wheeere's your captain gone?" on our way to a 2-1 win up at the County Ground first game of the title winning season. Lovely.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
By the way, Celtic has 5 Japanese players now. 3 of them start almost all games and they are one of the best players in the Scottish League this season, especially Reo Hatate and Kyogo Furuhashi (he has scored 20 goals in 26 games so far, scoring a goal per 90 mins) are great. If you want a center forward who can score a lot, Furuhashi would be the first choice. If you want a versatile playmaker, Hatate would be the first choice. If you want a very pacey forward who can run hard for defense too, Maeda would be the first choice.
GettyImages-1247509253-1.jpg

Hatate and Maeda

Last edited:

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
By the way, Celtic has 5 Japanese players now. 3 of them start almost all games and they are one of the best players in the Scottish League this season, especially Reo Hatate and Kyogo Furuhashi (he has scored 20 goals in 26 games so far, scoring a goal per 90 mins) are great. If you want a center forward who can score a lot, Furuhashi would be the first choice. If you want a versatile playmaker, Hatate would be the first choice. If you want a very pacey forward who can run hard for defense too, Maeda would be the first choice.
GettyImages-1247509253-1.jpg

Hatate and Maeda

Thanks, Mt. Fuji - good to have you on board by the way. One thing...scoring goals in the SPL is not a valued currency for EPL teams looking to buy a striker. See: Odsonne Edouard and others. Edit: not a valued currency by sensible EPL teams.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
Thanks, Mt. Fuji - good to have you on board by the way. One thing...scoring goals in the SPL is not a valued currency for EPL teams looking to buy a striker. See: Odsonne Edouard and others. Edit: not a valued currency by sensible EPL teams.
Yep, I knew it but Brighton will surely need a good enough center forward next season. Welbeck has scored only 2 goals in 19 EPL games, Undav 0 in 8 EPL games (1 in FA Cup). Ferguson looks promising, but Brighton is likely to play in EL (or CL) next season. Hence, only one center forward who can score is not enough. It doesn't have be Furuhashi, though. I just picked him in this thread because this is Hatate thread and both Hatate and Furuhashi are playing for Celtic, so I mentioned Furuhashi, that's all. That said, even in Scottish League, one goal per 90 min is impressive, IMO.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He may be a good fit, but he might not.

Probably worth remember the Paddy McCourt Celtic highlights reel, and he was dogshit.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Yep, I knew it but Brighton will surely need a good enough center forward next season. Welbeck has scored only 2 goals in 19 EPL games, Undav 0 in 8 EPL games
To be fair to Deniz, whilst he's featured in 11 PL games this season, he's actually only played 242 minutes, so a reasonable 'par' would only be 1 goal in that time.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Yep, I knew it but Brighton will surely need a good enough center forward next season. Welbeck has scored only 2 goals in 19 EPL games, Undav 0 in 8 EPL games (1 in FA Cup). Ferguson looks promising, but Brighton is likely to play in EL (or CL) next season. Hence, only one center forward who can score is not enough. It doesn't have be Furuhashi, though. I just picked him in this thread because this is Hatate thread and both Hatate and Furuhashi are playing for Celtic, so I mentioned Furuhashi, that's all. That said, even in Scottish League, one goal per 90 min is impressive, IMO.
Ah, my friend, the “we desperately need a striker” conversation/debate/argument here is as old as time itself. I’ll save you several months and distil as follows: we couldn’t score goals, we thought the problem was a lack of quality strikers (it might have been, it might not have been). Then, we start scoring lots of goals but few by the strikers. So we are all rather confused by this but, given how we set up to play and what we want from our front men (aka strikers), this is now no longer deemed a problem. Suffice to say Welbeck’s and Undav’s game is considerably more than just scoring goals (Big Ev is different you see…that cheeky larrikin actually scores goals) so perhaps we don’t have to rely on them scoring a hatful. And that is why we probably don’t a striker (or we might do, nobody really knows). But we definitely don’t need a striker from the SPL.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here