Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rents

D

Deleted member 18477

The best thing I ever did financially was when I bought this house. The amount I borrowed rather scared me, so I overpaid each month as much as I could to get the mortgage balance down. It was slow a first, but got better and I carried on and paid my mortae off.

Thats my plan long term. I want some savings first... they're currently invested and making profit... when i get my next promotion i'll over pay on Mortgage as well.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
it seems like the done thing down here to house share (3/4 people, sometimes even more)well into your 30's unless you get married- even if you have what most would consider to be a decent job....when i tell my parents this they find it utterly bizarre...is it a new thing? I hardly know anyone under the age of about 35 who lives by themselves in Brighton.

high rental costs and relatively low salaries certainly don't make living in brighton particularly easy. Don't think I'd live elsewhere though until I settle down

Bought mine last year (when 27) near Buckingham road. One bed, seagulls Galore down here!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here