Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rendition of You'll never Walk Alone

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Don't Geelong have an Aussie Rules team ? Support them -then it will mean something to you.

What a load of shit. I've been sitting up early in the morning to follow the Albion for 30+ years. I've been coming to this site daily for 6 years longer than you to follow my team.

You're clueless.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I know at least 3/4 people who flew from Perth to Sydney to watch the United game... There are definitely some very passionate armchair supporters out there, just a shame so many would rather do that than support their local A-league clubs.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I know at least 3/4 people who flew from Perth to Sydney to watch the United game... There are definitely some very passionate armchair supporters out there, just a shame so many would rather do that than support their local A-league clubs.

Maybe they have been following their English team longer. A-League teams aren't very old.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Match is on LFC TV now - that was a bloody good rendition, made my hair stand up on end !! 96,000 were in attendance too, the record for a football/soccer game in Australia.

Currently 17 minutes into the match on TV, its pretty crap so far.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Nope. You are wrong. You can actually support whichever team you like. In my own case I support the same team that I've always supported for over 40 years regardless of which towns I've lived in. (born in Brighton, grew up locally, dad took me every week to the Goldstone etc) It didn't change for me when I lived in Singapore for a few years (although that made it trickier getting to the matches each week) and will never change for me in the future no matter where I live. I even lived in South Norwood for 8 years due to work commitments and certainly wasn't going to support the team from the town I lived in then.
:You can only really support the team from the town you live in. It's like all the Palace muppets that live in Sussex - what's the point?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What a load of shit. I've been sitting up early in the morning to follow the Albion for 30+ years. I've been coming to this site daily for 6 years longer than you to follow my team.

You're clueless.

Ignore him, he thinks only people born in Brighton and Hove should support Brighton and Hove Albion, every one else so should support the local team of their birth (Lewes, Worthing, Eastbourne, Crawley, etc). Needless to say he's barking mad. FWIW I certainly consider you to be 100% a Brighton fan, and not a JCL either since you've been following us since we were shit!

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
"' 'Scuse me mate, your scarf is upside down". The best bit about the video.

"You'll Never Walk Alone" is a show tune from the 1945 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Carousel. In the second act of the musical, Nettie Fowler, the cousin of the female protagonist Julie Jordan, sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" to comfort and encourage Julie when her husband, Billy Bigelow, the male lead, kills himself to avoid capture during a failed robbery. [Source: wikip]
Here's the version from the 1956 film.

[yt]1izigJX1pxI[/yt]

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
A special moment.
Any football fan who can't appreciate another clubs fans giving their all isn't a proper fan and needs to stop being so fecking anal.
It's a game for everybody.Not just for you and your club.:facepalm::facepalm:

You're clueless.

Sorry mate I wished you'd told me this earlier in life. I could have saved myself a bundle of money & time. Being born and bred in Sussex living all my life in B& hove and going up to the Albion since the 60's (plus a few away trips each season) and I could have been on the old NSC instead:facepalm:

Anyway I thought you supported Liverpool. Do you support the Aussies in the cricket? Why did you desert the Albion & Blighty in the first place?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here