Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rendition of You'll never Walk Alone

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
95% of Australian fans support 5% of English teams.

Would have been the first time most of those plastics had a chance to sing the song at a Pool match.

What makes me laugh is how gobby Melbourne Victory fans tend to be, because they are the best supported club in Australia. Then Liverpool rock up for a friendly in their own city and there are only about ten Victory fans there!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Whether you like the song or not nobody can deny that was an impressive rendition. It does help when people know the words to their clubs song...
Meh, ****ing plastics. Should be supporting their local team!

(But yes, pretty good rendition. Puts our too-fast version of GOSBTS to shame)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It makes me cringe tbh so many teams across the works from all different sports sing it now and I may sound like a grumpy bugger but it irritates the hell out of me :bla:
Shows what you know then,..... back in the 70's and even into the 80's,... most teams sang it at one point or another, in fact we regularly sung it home in the North stand and even away from home at times of great results or performances.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What makes me laugh is how gobby Melbourne Victory fans tend to be, because they are the best supported club in Australia. Then Liverpool rock up for a friendly in their own city and there are only about ten Victory fans there!

There were a fair few Victory fans there. It's a big stadium, easy to get lost in.

it was Liverpool's biggest ever crowd to one of their matches for the record books.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There were a fair few Victory fans there. It's a big stadium, easy to get lost in.

it was Liverpool's biggest ever crowd to one of their matches for the record books.

So crowds of 82,000 and 95,000 for Man Utd and Liverpool this week, the socceroos have qualified for Brazil, Australia host the Asian Cup next year and the A-League is just about to switch over to free to air.

Good news for football fans in Oz then - football looks well set to be the second most popular sport in all states there I'd have thought.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Shows what you know then,..... back in the 70's and even into the 80's,... most teams sang it at one point or another, in fact we regularly sung it home in the North stand and even away from home at times of great results or performances.

We did indeed, I used to quite enjoy it, although we only ever did the 'Walk on' bit rather than the whole thing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We did indeed, I used to quite enjoy it, although we only ever did the 'Walk on' bit rather than the whole thing.

Quite often in the North Stand the only time you knew the South Stand were singing "Walk On" was when you saw all the scarves in motion :lolol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So crowds of 82,000 and 95,000 for Man Utd and Liverpool this week, the socceroos have qualified for Brazil, Australia host the Asian Cup next year and the A-League is just about to switch over to free to air.

Good news for football fans in Oz then - football looks well set to be the second most popular sport in all states there I'd have thought.

To be honest I thought after the first WC we made it would take off. I hasn't really in a way I thought it would.

Quite a few non soccer fans I know tuned into watch the game and their feelings at the end of it are why it'll never amount to huge crowds here for normal league matches. Too slow, not enough goals and too boring.

It just can't compete for a fast moving, high scoring, crash and bash spectacle that the AFL provides to fans.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
How can it irritate you, its footballing heritage and passion in an absolute anthem of a song. Its footballs equivalent to Rugbys great anthem swing low. But each to there own.

hmm - Rugby's great anthem 'Swing Low'???

Firstly, there are a great many followers of teams, most notably Wales, who would take real issue with that!
Secondly - I only recall Swing Low being sung at England matches in the last 25 years or so
Thrdly - Englands real rugby anthem is 'Jerusalem'

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
hmm - Rugby's great anthem 'Swing Low'???

Firstly, there are a great many followers of teams, most notably Wales, who would take real issue with that!
Secondly - I only recall Swing Low being sung at England matches in the last 25 years or so
Thrdly - Englands real rugby anthem is 'Jerusalem'

Thanks for the history lesson Rob

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

What do you mean it was Liverpool's biggest ever crowd to one of their matches? How about countless cup finals etc?

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
I am in the finding it 'cringe worthy' camp on this. On our visit to Anfield in the cup the other year the song was presented at its worse. They had to play an example over the speakers to help the many non native Liverpudlians who attend (support Liverpool) cope with the words.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I am in the finding it 'cringe worthy' camp on this. On our visit to Anfield in the cup the other year the song was presented at its worse. They had to play an example over the speakers to help the many non native Liverpudlians who attend (support Liverpool) cope with the words.
I really don't think we are in any position to have a go about people not knowing the words to their club song.

It's not the song that's cringeworthy it's the fact that there are 95,000 "Liverpool" supporters living in Australia. :facepalm:What's the point of supporting a team that you have no affiliation to? You can only really support the team from the town you live in. It's like all the Palace muppets that live in Sussex - what's the point?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's not the song that's cringeworthy it's the fact that there are 95,000 "Liverpool" supporters living in Australia. :facepalm:What's the point of supporting a team that you have no affiliation to? You can only really support the team from the town you live in. It's like all the Palace muppets that live in Sussex - what's the point?

**** you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here