Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

removing trojans from laptop

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your pc BG. BTW i found some magic beans down the back of the sofa, only £20 a go, can i put you down for a dozen?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
BG - I actually warned you about this sort of thing a couple of months ago, where I said I worked for Microsoft and you needed to upgrade your software, which I could do for you. I was obviously joking, and explained to you that this was a well known scam, and now you're telling us that you've fallen for something similar?

If this sort of thing ever happens, and you have to call Norton (or your bank etc), then get their number yourself. If something like this pops up with a number to call, the number probably isn't genuine.

This must be a joke ...
You'd think so wouldn't you.

But who has the time to post 40,000 times on a parody account?
I trust that after the recent incident that the mods are sure this is a genuine account.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If you have windows 8 or 7 the following programs should keep your computer safe:

Microsoft Security Essentials

Malwarebytes

Secunia PSI - a program which automatically checks and updates any other programs (such as your internet browser) on your computer.

Norton is junk.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
And do yourself a further favour by getting rid of Norton and replace with a much better, less speed draining on your operating system and free, antivirus!

I cant believe people still get ripped off by Norton.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And do yourself a further favour by getting rid of Norton and replace with a much better, less speed draining on your operating system and free, antivirus!

I cant believe people still get ripped off by Norton.
Er, what makes you think he's even got Norton :D

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I have just opened my laptop and it came up with a critical message to contact Norton which I did and they said it has a trojan on it which is not a virus so want £169 to remove it for me.

PC gone mad.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
I have just opened my laptop and it came up with a critical message to contact Norton which I did and they said it has a trojan on it which is not a virus so want £169 to remove it for me, Any sensible advice would be welcome.

I note correctly that most are advising you to use Malwarebytes, but how do you know you even have a trojan and more to the point most anti-virus programmes will have dealt with it. ie: is your computer malfunctioning? If not then simply ignore this message and don't click on any part of it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A course of leeches will resolve this.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Psssssst, what is a Trojan? ???

2260094750.jpg

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Apparently, malwarebytes also gets rid of internet Trolls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here