[NSC] Remove my account and all my posts thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Oooohhh. I’ve never tried Bovril on Toast
I've read some shameful things on this Board over the years, but I think that is as bad as it gets. What a waste of a life.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
to be fair i didnt see this poster cite GDPR. removing posts is just a passing snide as they flounce, as they know its a faff and adds drama. imo Bozza should remove/lock the account as requested leave it at that, no point spending time on this.
It's an attitude created by GDPR, though, even if not mentioned. I've spent my entire professional career working in and around online forums. Prior to GDPR, never really saw this sort of thing much. Since then ... a lot more frequent. Either because the person making the request genuinely thinks GDPR gives them that right, or because they've seen the chaos someone else making such a request causes and want to replicate that on their way out the door.

Personally, I think the intent behind GDPR is great. Implementation ... not so much (which is both a government and a business failing). It's a complicated piece of legislation (especially as it's not just GDPR - there's also PECR and the Data Protection Act and various other Acts that interact with GDPR in a way that influences how GDPR operates).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's an attitude created by GDPR, though, even if not mentioned. I've spent my entire professional career working in and around online forums. Prior to GDPR, never really saw this sort of thing much. Since then ... a lot more frequent. Either because the person making the request genuinely thinks GDPR gives them that right, or because they've seen the chaos someone else making such a request causes and want to replicate that on their way out the door.

Personally, I think the intent behind GDPR is great. Implementation ... not so much (which is both a government and a business failing). It's a complicated piece of legislation (especially as it's not just GDPR - there's also PECR and the Data Protection Act and various other Acts that interact with GDPR in a way that influences how GDPR operates).
Yep.

As you say, since GDPR came along, I've received a LOT more of these and many of them are simple mischief-making, wanting to be as difficult as possible. How I love those people. Particularly when they just re-register at some point later as if nothing happened.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As someone from 2003 and previous with a low post count (phew!), with the odd exception I don't really want to see anyone leave NSC.

I'll even suffer Doggie and IQ20's postings when they reemerge on here, albeit with continued unresolved questions about life choices.

Haven't agreed with everything the OP's said, but his knowledge of European football and individual players is impressive.

But let's be quite clear here. No-one's driven Swansman off the Board. He's going of his own free will.

Whether that's partly because there's no more Kool Aid to keep drinking with GP not here, I don't know.

I hope he returns in time, but even allowing for GDPR, I don't believe Bozza or any mod should spend a second deleting his posts.

It's North Stand Chat, not North Swan Chat.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Seeing how people have had little luck sorting this through PMs in the past, I'm just going to put it here as well:

Remove my account and all my posts.

(what a win and what a goal from Mitoma today btw

Don’t let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don’t really get what’s occurring here. If someone has had it with this forum why not log out and not come back on again?
Because some people might not notice the dramatic departure?

Shame really - Swanny on football, especially with his knowledge of European football, was a useful poster to read. On non-football matters, even in the context of a predominantly leftish and socially very liberal platform like NSC, he could come out with some absolutely outlandish and twattish bullshit!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Yep.

As you say, since GDPR came along, I've received a LOT more of these and many of them are simple mischief-making, wanting to be as difficult as possible. How I love those people. Particularly when they just re-register at some point later as if nothing happened.

That was my initial view on the OP. Several people have asked why he just didn't leave the forum and not post again. There's the answer.

When you told him he had to delete his own posts, he retracted, announcing he would take a month off.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yep.

There's me sitting quietly reading NSC. I am simply browsing through various threads. My mind is blank. My thoughts drift to GDPR. Yes, I know that's odd. I can't help it. Surely there's nobody who'd do the emboldened action above? A sad person, perhaps? Conscious of needing to get back to work, I decide to post in haste. Unfortunately, the phone rings and my thoughts disappear. Never to be seen again. This, I know.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
He's not been on since 7:42pm last night. He seems to be taking a break.

Why don't we end this thread here and move on to football?
Because we face a social epidemic that is spreading like wildfire. What’s happening to Swansman is happening all over these social media forums.

Read this book and it may help you to understand why the same old mob on here continually abuse Swansman without the slightest bit of conscious or self awareness:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Great football comments , other comments a bit meh with some good stuff mixed in to that to me averages itself out. Yes some hot debates with certain people but this a forum for debating and opinion. Yes some silly comments to wind people up, fine reply and move on. What I am seeing at the moment is a lot of sharks in the water smelling blood.

What makes NSC almost unique as a football forum is(was) its inclusiveness are we losing that.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Seeing how people have had little luck sorting this through PMs in the past, I'm just going to put it here as well:

Remove my account and all my posts.

(what a win and what a goal from Mitoma today btw)
Please comply

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
It would be nice to find some solution on here so that Swansman continues to post but doesn't irritate so many (it can't be argued against that he winds up a lot of people tbf, even if some can't understand why). I imagine that will only happen if he can rein it in a bit and other people can chill out a bit and accept his particular ways. If neither or only one part gives a bit it will just drag on and on..... I really don't believe that he will stop posting unless banned, under Swansman or another guise! (basically because there is still so much good stuff on NSC, we can't help ourselves). Message to Swansman - you'll never find a forum as good as this one!

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Seems age appropriate

FE752730-0108-4409-A7DF-D11E229F40E1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here