Not open for further replies.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
An apology? 🤣🤣🤣

Good one, H.
I never apologized to anyone till I was in my 50s. He's still in his 30s.

If you are 'on the spectrum' and functioning 'highly' in your 30s, you will be in a constant war with people, and not know why. And you'll not let some things drop. It's part of the arrangement with the little grey cells.

But anyway, I'm just guessing. Swanny is definitely not an average type by any means, but I will stick out my neck here and say he' a good man. And I'm not going back on that without reason.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It's not that easy though, is it?

I've never put anybody on my ignore list on NSC but on another forum I had to. The forum is a football forum for all teams, and the person I had to block was an Albion fan (and a NSC poster). They would come in to our match threads and post these massive rambling posts that made no sense. They'd come to the conclusion we'd win 3-0 because Stephens had better passing than the Barnsley LB. This would go on for paragraphs though. Absolute word soup with no real meaning. I'd quiz him on it but every reply just added another 500 essay on why Murray wouldn't score because it snowed in 1987 and we lost 3-0 that week. So I blocked/ignore listed them.

The problem was that the Barnsley fans wouldn't know this was the norm, so they see the batshit mental bloke spouting bollocks and start grilling him, which meant he replied more, which meant more people would quiz him on it, which would lead to more messages. Suddenly 30 of the last 40 posts are either "THIS MESSAGE IS FROM SOMEBODY ON YOUR IGNORE LIST" or a reply to a post you can't see which makes it clear it's a reply to the person on your ignore list. This ends up defeating the point of ignoring their posts in the first place!

I don't have a problem with Swansman, he's a know-it all tedious bellend sometimes, but if we banned everyone who was occasionally tedious or a bellend there would be about 7 posters left on here and I wouldn't be one of them. The problem is his presence on this forum can be suffocating. He's on over 20k posts in less than 4 years. That's 15 posts every day without fail. That's a lot for anybody, but when you consider he's never in the music threads, or the cricket threads, or the the local recommendations threads then that number becomes even bigger. Then you consider the fact that this place is much quieter durring the summer and you realise why some people feel he needs slowing down. He says stuff to prod people, people say stuff to prod him. Both are annoying and both lead to the Ignore option being pointless. However it's totally understandable why so many people are at the end of their tether with him. So many threads become the Swansman show, and he seems to revel in that.
Ironically, I gave up on reading this about half way through. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Crushed? Bit dramatic ……he had a restriction put on his posts a while back (i think)….had a period off came back and from what i understand then went back to old ways and had his account restricted again….shrug …hes decided to start a thread on here because he doesnt feel his pm would be answered …asking for account to be deleted and all posts removed….wtf? Sounds a bit needy? He’s now done what seems the sensible option and said he will take a month off …fine…seems sensible and not acting like a teenager in a strop…that tbh should be the end of it….i for one am not going to waste anymore time on it….as a poster said earlier we’ve just had a momentous victory and I’m watching the rerun after a fantastic afternoon at the Amex

i wish you well Harry
No worries, mate. I am awash with the milk of human kindness lately, my team kicking bottom, and a lovely evening celebrating my boy's 37th with his new and delightful lady, and my missus.... :thumbsup:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I agree, but not with the monotonous frequency, on so many threads, which end up all about him and his detractors.
Normally I'd feel like replying would be playing into the argument, but given the OP it clearly doesn't matter (and to be clear, I still think the thread was attention seeking BS).
If a thread ends up all about a single poster, that says as much about the people who feel obliged to reply as it does that individual.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Well, if I'm right, being annoying is not something he chooses to be.

If we can't tell the difference between what you might call an oddball (I have some better words), and someone with a malicious agenda, I'm disappointed.
I wouldn't be surprised that Swansman is on the spectrum but I'd also definitely say he is sometimes deliberately annoying and on a wind up aswell! I've found him bloody annoying in the past and put him on Ignore before but found it even more annoying that threads were then broken up by so many of his ignored posts.... Learnt to live with him now on here and find it more amusing than annoying nowadays now I've got to recognise his style. I'd prefer it that he had the right to post on here but took some responsibility for his volume of posts (that old rights and responsibilites chestnut). NSC should stay a generally warm and welcoming place for all oddballs, of which I include myself. I'm a big fan of being emotionally generous to others, as you don't know where they're really at/what's going on for them in their life at that moment (of annoyance to you).

I've also found some posts on this thread fecking hilarious tbf.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
It's not that easy though, is it?

I've never put anybody on my ignore list on NSC but on another forum I had to. The forum is a football forum for all teams, and the person I had to block was an Albion fan (and a NSC poster). They would come in to our match threads and post these massive rambling posts that made no sense. They'd come to the conclusion we'd win 3-0 because Stephens had better passing than the Barnsley LB. This would go on for paragraphs though. Absolute word soup with no real meaning. I'd quiz him on it but every reply just added another 500 essay on why Murray wouldn't score because it snowed in 1987 and we lost 3-0 that week. So I blocked/ignore listed them.

The problem was that the Barnsley fans wouldn't know this was the norm, so they see the batshit mental bloke spouting bollocks and start grilling him, which meant he replied more, which meant more people would quiz him on it, which would lead to more messages. Suddenly 30 of the last 40 posts are either "THIS MESSAGE IS FROM SOMEBODY ON YOUR IGNORE LIST" or a reply to a post you can't see which makes it clear it's a reply to the person on your ignore list. This ends up defeating the point of ignoring their posts in the first place!

I don't have a problem with Swansman, he's a know-it all tedious bellend sometimes, but if we banned everyone who was occasionally tedious or a bellend there would be about 7 posters left on here and I wouldn't be one of them. The problem is his presence on this forum can be suffocating. He's on over 20k posts in less than 4 years. That's 15 posts every day without fail. That's a lot for anybody, but when you consider he's never in the music threads, or the cricket threads, or the the local recommendations threads then that number becomes even bigger. Then you consider the fact that this place is much quieter durring the summer and you realise why some people feel he needs slowing down. He says stuff to prod people, people say stuff to prod him. Both are annoying and both lead to the Ignore option being pointless. However it's totally understandable why so many people are at the end of their tether with him. So many threads become the Swansman show, and he seems to revel in that.
That's an opinion though, isn't it? I can honestly say I have very rarely been irritated by Swansmans' posting, or volume of it, and by the sounds of it many other posters agree. I have, on the other hand, been irritated very often by other posters who I believe post too much. Should these be treated in the same way?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wouldn't be surprised that Swansman is on the spectrum but I'd also definitely say he is sometimes deliberately annoying and on a wind up aswell! I've found him bloody annoying in the past and put him on Ignore before but found it even more annoying that threads were then broken up by so many of his ignored posts.... Learnt to live with him now on here and find it more amusing than annoying nowadays now I've got to recognise his style. I'd prefer it that he had the right to post on here but took some responsibility for his volume of posts (that old rights and responsibilites chestnut). NSC should stay a generally warm and welcoming place for all oddballs, of which I include myself. I'm a big fan of being emotionally generous to others, as you don't know where they're really at/what's going on for them in their life at that moment (of annoyance to you).

I've also found some posts on this thread fecking hilarious tbf.
As I often say to myself (now), just because I'm on the spectrum, it doesn't give me a 'being a twat' get out of jail free card :lolol:

As I said, it may take Swanny many years to learn how to read the room. I put him on ignore once. I almost forgot about that. Bit harsh....and with a different approach I found we could have very pleasant arguments.

Hope the football is providing you with lovely things, and that you find that you can take some pleasure from these lovely things.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Some people on here lack any strength of character and post like big sissy girls.
Man/woman/squirrel up ffs.
f***ing boobah babies.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Normally I'd feel like replying would be playing into the argument, but given the OP it clearly doesn't matter (and to be clear, I still think the thread was attention seeking BS).
If a thread ends up all about a single poster, that says as much about the people who feel obliged to reply as it does that individual.
A valid point, but when so much of a forum is taken up by one person's musings (and the people that reply - and I include myself in this, on too many occasions), then it becomes a mess.
Let's be clear, he loves the attention and it is to the general detriment of a lot of threads.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
That's an opinion though, isn't it? I can honestly say I have very rarely been irritated by Swansmans' posting, or volume of it, and by the sounds of it many other posters agree. I have, on the other hand, been irritated very often by other posters who I believe post too much. Should these be treated in the same way?

If you felt that way about another poster then it would be just a justified as anybody annoyed by Swansman.

If enough people felt the same way I'm sure they'd be treated the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here