Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remind me again why Brighton let Elphick and Cook go ...

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
No Albion manager has boll*xed up as much as Howard Wilkinson who preferred Lee Chapman to Cantona. Oh just remembered ........Barry Lloyd played Richard Tiltman ahead of Dean Saunders.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No Albion manager has boll*xed up as much as Howard Wilkinson who preferred Lee Chapman to Cantona. Oh just remembered ........Barry Lloyd played Richard Tiltman ahead of Dean Saunders.

In Barry and Tilts's defence, Lloyd was instructed by the board not to pick Saunders who had a lucrative appearance clause in his contract because the club effectively resigned to going down didn't want to waste money unnecessarily.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
No. Not really. I am honestly not bothered that Cook went. I was disappointed at the time and I wish him all the best. He's a great player. However this 'why oh why did we ever let Cook go?' thread keeps appearing on NSC about once a week in fact. I am certain about the money, I do wonder how Bournemouth can afford the players they've got with their tiny income, but I would never blame a player for moving on to further his career. That is exactly what Cook did and you notice I said further, your club are doing a fantastic job ATM so well done. It still doesn't mean he moved for anything but the high salary your club were prepared to pay rather than the more meagre offering he was on here.

So Cook is a great player, is he.....presumably ranking alongside other greats of the game..e.g Bobby Moore.
FFS, why come out with stupid comments like this. HE'S NOT A GREAT PLAYER. He's a decent player at Championship level ( which isn't very good quality ) but no better than that. The same for Elphick.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
At the time they were both behind Dunk in the pecking order but the way AFCB play has brought them on and they are both now nearer to a move to a Premier club than Dunk. It remains to be seen how much he progresses.

The only chance that either of them have of playing in the PL, is with Bournemouth. Neither are good enough to attract the interest of a PL side.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In Barry and Tilts's defence, Lloyd was instructed by the board not to pick Saunders who had a lucrative appearance clause in his contract because the club effectively resigned to going down didn't want to waste money unnecessarily.

No one who attended 'that' match at Barnsley would ever diss Tilts.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The only chance that either of them have of playing in the PL, is with Bournemouth. Neither are good enough to attract the interest of a PL side.

Certainly true of Tommy, but not of Cook - he's already had Prem interest from the likes of WBA and Palace.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No one who attended 'that' match at Barnsley would ever diss Tilts.

It's still mentioned over lunch from time to time, by us not him, because for all the stick he gets on here and elsewhere he scored for the Albion in a first team fixture and that can never be taken away from him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here