Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Remi Garde Gone from Villa

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nigel Pearson would be a decent appointment. But I doubt Lerner wants someone like him who's going to cause ructions there when the transfer cupboard is bare.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He played 30-odd games about 15 years ago in the PL for Arsenal - that's certainly not a grounding for knowing what was needed in a relegation scrap, nothing like it.

No. Like I said, he wasn't the manager for a scrap but a decent shout if the club were taking a long term view. And my argument is that the club should do just that: accept a relegation and spend a couple of years getting back on an even keel.

Having said that, if they wanted a manager with experience of a PL scrap, who was there? Pulis was safely ensconced at WBA, Big Sam at Sunderland and Bruce at Hull. Pearson is the obvious choice but there's baggage there. I see Moyes is favourite for the gig but he wasn't available then (and he has no experience of a PL scrap either). I reckon Moyes would be mad to take the job, he'll get a better offer than the basket case that's Villa

If they wanted someone to shake them up, then PDC would have been a good call. But in player v coach clash, the Villa board will back the players, so I'm not sure he'd have done much good there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here