Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF FLag Urgent

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not read thewhole thread but the last time I saw it was at the West Ham home game (the one where Dean Hammond scored 2) when me & some mates helped bundle it into the shed by where the players come out nowadays. Don't think it's been seen in public since.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
roz said:
Right now we need the flag. Not a load of unhelpful press coverage about a non-existent theft! Especially if that coverage identifies the fact that we've lost the flag.

There is a precedent. Seem to recall we lost the music to GOSBTS one week cos the cleaners moved it :lol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
That's not a newspaper - that's toilet paper!!!

That's taking recycling too far.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have just seen the updates on this. I was sorting things out all day Friday and did not come on line so sorry for not participating in this Sherlock Holmes thread Friday.

The giant flag is not the possession of the REMF. The REMF did not pay for the flag. £ 2000 was raised by supporters to get a giant flag around the same time as 9/11, seperate to REMF I seem to remember, after 9/11 the fans decided to call the flag the REMF flag in honour of Robert but I am pretty sure the flag was not brought as a direct result of 9/11 or the setting up of the REMF. As such the flag belongs to the fans and not the REMF. We did not have a need to insure it as it is not REMF's property. It has been to many games over the last 5 years as a BHAFC giant flag rather than a REMF flag. My best guess is builders dumped it somewhere not realising what it was or that it was important.

I am very keen this is not seen as the REMF has lost the giant flag as it is not the case and it would only be negative publicity. What needs to be crystal clear is that the £ 2000 did not come out of the fund or REMF monies.

Someone could have offered to look after it but it is unrealistic to exxpect someone to have it in their home awaiting its next trip.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Uncle Spielberg said:
I have just seen the updates on this. I was sorting things out all day Friday and did not come on line so sorry for not participating in this Sherlock Holmes thread Friday.

The giant flag is not the possession of the REMF. The REMF did not pay for the flag. £ 2000 was raised by supporters to get a giant flag around the same time as 9/11, seperate to REMF I seem to remember, after 9/11 the fans decided to call the flag the REMF flag in honour of Robert but I am pretty sure the flag was not brought as a direct result of 9/11 or the setting up of the REMF. As such the flag belongs to the fans and not the REMF. We did not have a need to insure it as it is not REMF's property. It has been to many games over the last 5 years as a BHAFC giant flag rather than a REMF flag. My best guess is builders dumped it somewhere not realising what it was or that it was important.

I am very keen this is not seen as the REMF has lost the giant flag as it is not the case and it would only be negative publicity. What needs to be crystal clear is that the £ 2000 did not come out of the fund or REMF monies.

Someone could have offered to look after it but it is unrealistic to exxpect someone to have it in their home awaiting its next trip.

From my perspective of this thread I think you've overcooked it a bit there Uncle S., no way has anyone been implicated or blamed or attributed, just a series of questions from interested peeps about the location of the giant flag.

The negative publicity aspect re REMF isn't something that I'd have thought of til you raised it, but now you have.

If the flag were to be found I'd be more than happy to store it in our workshop. Albeit we're in Shoreham.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tedebear, its a sad loss but people were talking about a REMF has lost the flag news article which I don't think is a good idea or fair, also it is important to make it clear the flag was not funded by REMF.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Everything US has said is true the supporters who all chipped in to buy the flag dedicated it to REMF.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
As nobody seems to be able to find it, and it was last seen in one of those big builders sacks at about around the time of the ground enhancements, I'd imagine it has mistakenly been collected as building rubbish and bulldozed into a landfill site.

Bry Nylon said:
As nobody seems to be able to find it, and it was last seen in one of those big builders sacks at about around the time of the ground enhancements, I'd imagine it has mistakenly been collected as building rubbish and bulldozed into a landfill site.
Not quite so.

When Richard Hebberd took me to see it, it was well after the building work had been completed. It was in a builder's bag, because such a bag had been donated specifically to enable the flag to be kept safely. It was near where the OLD changing rooms were. This was last Autumn.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lord Bracknell said:
Not quite so.

When Richard Hebberd took me to see it, it was well after the building work had been completed. It was in a builder's bag, because such a bag had been donated specifically to enable the flag to be kept safely. It was near where the OLD changing rooms were. This was last Autumn.

No futher questions, your Honour.
Tom Hark, QC, of Preston Park - your witness.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So we have a sighting then, could around 10 of us meet up one evening at 19:00 hrs with Richard and search Withdean ?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Beach Hut said:
So we have a sighting then, could around 10 of us meet up one evening at 19:00 hrs with Richard and search Withdean ?

count me in. the 3 containers i looked in i found nothing. but searching the rest of the ground is a good idea.

also richard was in france when he rung me on thursday evening. not sure how long his stay was for

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
mendoza10 said:
count me in. the 3 containers i looked in i found nothing. but searching the rest of the ground is a good idea.

also richard was in france when he rung me on thursday evening. not sure how long his stay was for

Ok I do not know Richard at all well so does anyone know him better than me who would like to sort out this search ?

Alternatively can someone PM me his mail address and I'll see what I can do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here