Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remember this Barnes haters?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
countryman,

you're on a wind-up right?

No. Granted, he had a bad game today but when other players have bad games, everyone seems to ignore it. When Barnes has one there are people saying he isn't good enough for the Championship. And people like this aren't going to help his confidence.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
At the end of the day is it Barnes fault of the managers for not replacing Murray with another quality striker, Barnes is playing because there is no real alternative

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If Bridge is not fit for Palace I can guarantee 100% that Barnes will start on the left. Zaha will rape Painter without some support and Barnes is far better at that than Dobbie, Hoskins, Orlandi or Buckley.

PS...I do find it ironic though, that when Buckley put it on a plate 10 yards out 1-on-1 for Hoskins and he missed, that everyone sees it as a positive that he was in that position and "testing the keeper". If that was Barnes he would've needed an armed guard out of the stadium. Maybe when everyone's calmed down they'll consider that Hoskins isn't actually the magic replacement everyone seems to think.

If Bridge isn't fit I'd play Calderon in front of Painter I certainly would have Barnes covering.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You'll get plenty of bites. I'm a Barnes fan and there's no amount of explaining that will make some people understand the role he plays, BUT he was awful tonight and has been under-par the last few games. I think if you're being fair to the squad he has to drop to the bench. The people saying sell him, he's not good enough, get rid...they're idiots. Playing a poor game or two does not mean you deserve to be kicked out of the club, but dropped, sorry that but it's time for him to take a rest and let someone else have a go.

This.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No. Granted, he had a bad game today but when other players have bad games, everyone seems to ignore it. When Barnes has one there are people saying he isn't good enough for the Championship. And people like this aren't going to help his confidence.

Sod his confidence its his ability that's not good enough.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
If Bridge isn't fit I'd play Calderon in front of Painter I certainly would have Barnes covering.

I think I would also have Calderon in front of Painter. Painter has been brilliant but when I though Calderon was better at getting their crosses out of our box then painter. But he did only play 15 minutes so it's hard to tell.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think I would also have Calderon in front of Painter. Painter has been brilliant but when I though Calderon was better at getting their crosses out of our box then painter. But he did only play 15 minutes so it's hard to tell.

When I say in front of, I mean play him in left midfield.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Remember this? He has a couple of penalties saved and you think he should be dropped. He worked hard today and it may not have been the best penalty in the world, but everyone has off days. He was our top goal scorer last season and he definitely doesn't need to be dropped.

Give. A. Shit.

He's been more than useless this season and needs to be dropped.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Remember this? He has a couple of penalties saved and you think he should be dropped. He worked hard today and it may not have been the best penalty in the world, but everyone has off days. He was our top goal scorer last season and he definitely doesn't need to be dropped.
I think you have just summed up all the Barnes lovers views in one sad post.

So he should keep his place for a penatly he scored over a year ago??

WOW. What a waste of internet you are.

Thanks for trying to join in. I look forward to missing your next thread..........

If Bridge is not fit for Palace I can guarantee 100% that Barnes will start on the left. Zaha will rape Painter without some support and Barnes is far better at that than Dobbie, Hoskins, Orlandi or Buckley.

PS...I do find it ironic though, that when Buckley put it on a plate 10 yards out 1-on-1 for Hoskins and he missed, that everyone sees it as a positive that he was in that position and "testing the keeper". If that was Barnes he would've needed an armed guard out of the stadium. Maybe when everyone's calmed down they'll consider that Hoskins isn't actually the magic replacement everyone seems to think.

I thought Barnes worked really hard as a box 2 box player, however; Barnes is only evey noted for his misses. Don't get me wrong 12 yds is disgraceful but he almost has that Murrayeskness about him when coming back, which is obviously how Poyet thinks.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
People who slag off Ashley Barnes don't know what they are talking about. It's heat of the moment stuff and searching for a scapegoat. He has poor games, he has good games. Get over it. He works hard and works for the team.

We should have won today. The draw is not down to Ashley Barnes alone.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
People who slag off Ashley Barnes don't know what they are talking about. It's heat of the moment stuff and searching for a scapegoat. He has poor games, he has good games. Get over it. He works hard and works for the team.

We should have won today. The draw is not down to Ashley Barnes alone.
Yer. Its all heat of the moment. One bad game and everyones on Barnes' back. Yet not a bad word has been spoke about him before todays game. Everyones entitled to an off day!

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
If Barnes is rated that good as cover as left back then leave painter out and put Barnes in there other than that he's just not good enough along with a couple of others

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
His finishing was poor today. All other parts of his game were good.
I can't understand how people can say he was woeful for having ONE poor aspect of his game. He is there to do more than just score.

Spot on. If any player covers more ground I'd be astonished and he offers a defensive element that none of the others match. Notice how Bolton got into the game more once he went off. Unlike the other strikers, most times when Barnes has a chance he's started his run on the edge of our own box. There really are some dicks at the games these days. I'm sure he'd love to play as an out and out striker but he's clearly asked to do a job by Gus which he does diligently every game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here