Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Remember: it's 5:45pm KO against Ajax!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oof, that's harsh, very harsh. I didn't say he was a true Brighton supporter. The team he goes to watch now and then is Eastbourne Borough. He's a lovely guy who likes his football and wants Albion to succeed as the local 'big team' but I don't think he's ever been to the Amex. Still, if you think he's a moron, fair enough. You seem to be an authority on most things.
It was a joke….check the date I typed.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Spain should be as well but I believe that was a change made by Franco which was not put back after he lost power.

I know Spain is a bit 'manana' but they have had 48 years to change back since Franco went, I think even they would have managed it by now if they had wanted to.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I missed the 1st half of the Marseille game because of this.

I've also missed home matches from lunchtime kick offs..

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Oof, that's harsh, very harsh. I didn't say he was a true Brighton supporter. The team he goes to watch now and then is Eastbourne Borough. He's a lovely guy who likes his football and wants Albion to succeed as the local 'big team' but I don't think he's ever been to the Amex. Still, if you think he's a moron, fair enough. You seem to be an authority on most things.
I think you've been whooshed as they say kernel moustard.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Blame Brexit 😂
Much though I personally would like to blame Brexit for everything (joke), ’twas ever thus.
I think there’s one week in the year normally where we are on the same time as France, for example, and conversely one week where we are two hours ahead.
It‘s all Thatcher’s fault. Most things are.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Much though I personally would like to blame Brexit for everything (joke), ’twas ever thus.
I think there’s one week in the year normally where we are on the same time as France, for example, and conversely one week where we are two hours ahead.
It‘s all Thatcher’s fault. Most things are.
France changed their clocks the same time as us, as did other countries on CET.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All Home Europa group games - 8pm
All Away Europa group games - 5.45pm

I'm guessing knockouts might be mostly 8pm(?)

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
But 18:45 local time in Amsterdam, I think. Did they change their clocks as well? Why are we the only country 1 hour out from the rest of Europe?
It’s because we’re in the northwest of Europe (along with the Irish Republic). The northerly aspect gives us more extreme daylight (longer daylight in summer and shorter daylight in winter) than most of the rest of Europe, while the westerly aspect simply means the sun gets here later in the day. So in winter, being an hour behind mainland Europe means the short day better fits into our year-round time-driven day (kids aren’t walking to school in the dark) and the delay caused by our westerly aspect similarly aligns actual daylight with the time of day on our clocks.

Portugal is with us, driven by its even more westerly aspect rather than the north south impact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here