Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Religion is the cause of all problems...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Someone else asked that, I replied on post 208 with the following:

Consider a realm where there is no matter, no time, no space, no physics, etc - a reality before the universe existed. Questions like "where" and "when" make no sense, they don't apply.

If God does exist, it does not have a beginning, or come from a place - as it preceded the existence of time and space.

All there was,all that is and all that ever will be,ah men..

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No you did not and i was incorrect....translated-the game of life,we cannot possibly know all the answers,why do you think we exist,we came here to remember..

That depends on what questions you are asking.

Without being a mathematician or a star at trivial pursuit, I have a good idea on most things.

You mentioned to Easy10 the scale of the Universe and Galaxies is almost unbelievable, but something has to take up the space even if it is nothing, but nothing would be more unbelievable than something.

We would be saying where did this entire nothing come from.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Someone else asked that, I replied on post 208 with the following:

Consider a realm where there is no matter, no time, no space, no physics, etc - a reality before the universe existed. Questions like "where" and "when" make no sense, they don't apply.

If God does exist, it does not have a beginning, or come from a place - as it preceded the existence of time and space.

But this was only applied to the God theory to combat the science one. It's called moving the goal posts and nothing like this was ever written in any bible. Jesus didn't mention the space–time continuum, it was Einstein.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That depends on what questions you are asking.

Without being a mathematician or a star at trivial pursuit, I have a good idea on most things.

You mentioned to Easy10 the scale of the Universe and Galaxies is almost unbelievable, but something has to take up the space even if it is nothing, but nothing would be more unbelievable than something.

We would be saying where did this entire nothing come from.

Without the nothing,nothing exists,the nothing is almost god like,recently when studying a so called dark area of nothingness astromoners discovered those colliding galaxies-

If you could travel at the speed of light 186,000 miles per second,for 1 year you have a light year,Andromeda,the closest galaxy to ours is 2 light years away,the visible universe is 13 and a half thousand million light years across...

Something far bigger than we can possibly even comprehend has created the all,allowed the process to take place with evolution,and science is helping us put pieces together,the rest is left up to us..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But this was only applied to the God theory to combat the science one. It's called moving the goal posts and nothing like this was ever written in any bible. Jesus didn't mention the space–time continuum, it was Einstein.

Perhaps it did not need to be,would there have been any point telling mankind 2000 years ago about Easy jet flights to Malaga? for example- we could all be however doing what we have always been doing and just making it all up..

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Without the nothing,nothing exists,the nothing is almost god like,recently when studying a so called dark area of nothingness astromoners discovered those colliding galaxies-

If you could travel at the speed of light 186,000 miles per second,for 1 year you have a light year,Andromeda,the closest galaxy to ours is 2 light years away,the visible universe is 13 and a half thousand million light years across...

Something far bigger than we can possibly even comprehend has created the all,allowed the process to take place with evolution,and science is helping us put pieces together,the rest is left up to us..

You have got the scale wrong, our nearest star is 4.5 light years away, Andromeda is 2.5 million light-years away, so you are roughly a million percent incorrect.

The observable universe is a sphere around 92 billion light-years.

So the Universe is even larger than you can imagine.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am going to bed now but God has communed to you through me,i hope you enjoyed it,she asks me to tell you all,Brighton will be in transition and give Sami time,it will be an enjoyable season and you all have god like souls for you show the Albion unconditional love.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You have got the scale wrong, our nearest star is 4.5 light years away, Andromeda is 2.5 million light-years away, so you are roughly a million percent incorrect.

The observable universe is a sphere around 92 billion light-years.

So the Universe is even larger than you can imagine.

yes scale wrong it's late,i know having been corrected that 2 light years is wrong,as for 13,500 milllion,i was using statistics from 1983 when i had a telescope and was in to astromony,it would appear that it's considerably bigger,in fact it's limitless,otherwise what holds the universe? the nothing? and what holds the nothing that holds the universe? you see the problem,it could take a life time,many even..

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
yes scale wrong it's late,i know having been corrected that 2 light years is wrong,as for 13,500 milllion,i was using statistics from 1983 when i had a telescope and was in to astromony,it would appear that it's considerably bigger,in fact it's limitless,otherwise what holds the universe? the nothing? and what holds the nothing that holds the universe? you see the problem,it could take a life time,many even..

That's why we leave it to the experts.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No he hasn't but good night anyway.

i stated she? anyway you known i am mad as a hatter,we will do again tomorrow maybe..keep searching..

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
You see, you've missed the point again. I gave you some information, based on facts, I pointed out that there are a lot more of them than there are of you, and I explained that there are those that believe, and in what they believe. I stated my opinion on a couple of points. I certainly didn't state anywhere what my own personal beliefs are, and I won't.

As for science, this was written by a scientist, who used to be an Athiest.

Does God exist? The complexity of our planet points to a deliberate Designer who not only created our universe, but sustains it today.

Many examples showing God's design could be given, possibly with no end. But here are a few:

The Earth...its size is perfect. The Earth's size and corresponding gravity holds a thin layer of mostly nitrogen and oxygen gases, only extending about 50 miles above the Earth's surface. If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would be impossible, like the planet Mercury. If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter. Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life.

The Earth is located the right distance from the sun. Consider the temperature swings we encounter, roughly -30 degrees to +120 degrees. If the Earth were any further away from the sun, we would all freeze. Any closer and we would burn up. Even a fractional variance in the Earth's position to the sun would make life on Earth impossible. The Earth remains this perfect distance from the sun while it rotates around the sun at a speed of nearly 67,000 mph. It is also rotating on its axis, allowing the entire surface of the Earth to be properly warmed and cooled every day.

And our moon is the perfect size and distance from the Earth for its gravitational pull. The moon creates important ocean tides and movement so ocean waters do not stagnate, and yet our massive oceans are restrained from spilling over across the continents.

There are a number of other explainations for scientific phenomena she makes, about Water (H2O), The Human Brain, The Human Eye, The uniform laws of nature, DNA encoding, it's all quite interestingly put, and possibly more thought provoking than some of the things you've written on the subject.

It is probable that there are billions upon billions of planets that do not have these happy characteristics. Given the vastness of the universe, isn't it just chance that explains this?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
"About the Author: As a former atheist, Marilyn Adamson found it difficult to refute the continuously answered prayers and quality of life of a close friend. In challenging the beliefs of her friend, Marilyn was amazed to learn the wealth of objective evidence pointing to the existence of God. After about a year of persistent questioning, she responded to God's offer to come into her life and has found faith in Him to be constantly substantiated and greatly rewarding."

Which was nice!

A year? She set the bar pretty low. I've been chasing it for decades and can't make up my mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here