Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation Odds

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A win v Arsenal would be a massive stride towards safety. Let's hope the football gods decide to bestow our first win of 2020 next week. It should shift the odds a bit.

C4D5179D-404B-4DB9-A632-5C5675D1FE6D.png

So after this weekends results the bookies think that 5 of the bottom 6 all have a greater chance of being relegated except Villa who didn’t play!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I hope we get cash outs / refunds, for those of us who placed insurance bets.

If the season is cancelled...

Lighting the mood, but half serious.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Another knock on effect of the Coronavirus to our economy when you think about it. The bookies could be losing a serious amount of money here.

Definitely. A huge industry at horse race tracks and online. Before anyone gets excited about a rough time for bookies, that means jobs, a threat to less fashionable racecourses which already struggle, and training yards.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Definitely. A huge industry at horse race tracks and online. Before anyone gets excited about a rough time for bookies, that means jobs, a threat to less fashionable racecourses which already struggle, and training yards.

Not great for the professional gamblers out there too:(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I still find the chasm between our odds and Southampton's remarkable.

Beat them in their empty stadium and the gap is just 2 points.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

There's certainly value there. The bottom 6 are going to be far more focussed and motivated to train and play in empty stadiums than most of the other teams, with the exception of Liverpool, until they're over the line, and possibly Sheffield Utd. There'll almost certainly be a few results that you'd not predict in normal situations.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There's certainly value there.

Dang, your right you know. look at their remaining fixtures coupled with an unknown restart and possibly a few of their best players looking to move on in the summer.
Norwich Away
Man Utd Away
Everton Away
Man City Home
Watford Away
Sheff Utd Home
Bournmouth Away
Brighton Home

That is a horrendous run, and I could only predict two wins out of that and that's not certain against Norwich and us, and I actually think we could do them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd be hesitant to bet on it, but from a detached perspective I think 3/1 is a bit long for us. Bournemouth have their players back, Watford and West Ham both more than capable of getting more points than us in the run in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

is doing a lot of heavy lifting in this sentence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The gap between our odds and Southampton's odds is surely too big.

Either one set of odds is wrong, or both are.

That depends on whether one of these teams has won a game, or even looked like winning a game, this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here