Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation Odds 21/22 Season

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Nice for once to be able to look way down the table at a large gaggle of clubs enduring awful starts.

(I realise it’s early days for us, but still nice).

Wins are the life blood of confidence I only see us looking down and remembering fondly the relegation battles rather than the mid table obscurity that we now occupy (sure to have put the mockers on it now)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Extremely hard to envisage three worse teams/squads than them over the entire 38 games.

I am sure it will be relatively soon but I'm not quite there yet.
Nothing to do with Norwich being 'better than this', but everything to do with how shite it is in 'our' half of the table.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Extremely hard to envisage three worse teams/squads than them over the entire 38 games.

Tempting, isn’t it? Last season they took a number of heavy beatings from the top teams but were consistent good against bottom-half teams (except us). If bottom-half managers work them out and those results dry up, they could be in trouble.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tempting, isn’t it? Last season they took a number of heavy beatings from the top teams but were consistent good against bottom-half teams (except us). If bottom-half managers work them out and those results dry up, they could be in trouble.

Are you referring to Leeds? I meant Norwich.

Leeds do appear to be markedly worse and/or opposing coaches now know them inside out. A struggling NUFC team weren’t overawed at all despite going an early goal down.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
8/13 still pretty good value for Norwich

Agreed, only way they don't finish bottom IMHO is if someone such as Brentford or Burnley have an absolute horror run, which isn't out of the question but unlikely.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Marching out the league together @11s seems a bit slim but I'm sorely tempted.

I would love this so much, even more than palace. Why people have the impression that Leeds are next stop champions League I have no idea. Plus they have such an an unshakeable belief the Leeds is somehow an amazing place, I'd love to see it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Are you referring to Leeds? I meant Norwich.

Leeds do appear to be markedly worse and/or opposing coaches now know them inside out. A struggling NUFC team weren’t overawed at all despite going an early goal down.

Yeh, quoted wrong post. I meant Leeds and agreed that they are interesting value to do a Sheffield Utd.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I never ever bet but I like to check this page, as the bookies generally keep me sane when my pessimistic tendencies threaten to run riot.

Well, blow me down. I had to turn the iPad to portrait orientation to find us. 20/1 in September? We usually have to wait until March/April to get there.

B872E33C-5AF2-4FB9-93A6-FDD681573DF6.jpeg

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I got on Norwich yesterday £100 at 8/13. Just can't see it not happening. Gambler's misplaced faith maybe, but they are just so, so far behind everyone else on talent.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
B365 have got us at 28/1 to be relegated but only 18/1 to finish in the top 4! However If you’re slightly more pessimistic than Champions League, how about 4/1 to finish in the top 6!!

Bonkers as a Brighton fan to see that the bookies think we’re far more likely to finish in a European position than to be relegated…. :lolol:

Enjoying this ride while it lasts and long may it continue :albion2:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It is only 500/1 on a straight forecast for us to be pipped to the title by City - the same as Man U/Arsenal . :flypig:

33/1 on us being the lowest scoring team

1/200 to stay up

300/1 to finish bottom

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
I don't get Palace at 5/2. I've watched a couple of their games this season and they look a better side than they were last season.

have a look at their match prices to see how they are rated compared to other clubs

they were barely favourites at home to Brentford (market saying Brentford are probably of equal or slightly better ability)
they won't be favourites at home to us with home advantage added

it might be something that you are ahead of the market on but at the moment the bookies seem to be consistent in their rating

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
have a look at their match prices to see how they are rated compared to other clubs

they were barely favourites at home to Brentford (market saying Brentford are probably of equal or slightly better ability)
they won't be favourites at home to us with home advantage added

it might be something that you are ahead of the market on but at the moment the bookies seem to be consistent in their rating

I don’t really get this… mind you I know nothing about betting.

Chelsea away….home win must have been a home banker, 3.0 loss
Brentford home… as you say evens. 0.0 draw
West Ham away…home win expected 2.2 draw
Spurs home…away win expected, palace win 3.0
Liverpool away…home banker, and so it proved 3.0 loss

I would say Palace are 2 points up on what the bookies said ? But as I said I don’t no FA about betting markets

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I would say Palace are 2 points up on what the bookies said ? But as I said I don’t no FA about betting markets

Agreed. I think in your shoes with new manager and lots of player turnover you’ve done better than expected with those tough fixtures, and would have taken your points tally. Bookies seem to really rate BHA for some reason and our prices are always too short for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You are doing annoyingly well. Only watched 10 mins on Saturday but you had Liverpool looking very wobbly. It was clear you couldn’t keep up that pressing for 90 mins though. If Barn Door Edouard had scored at 1-0 which quickly became 2-0 who knows what nightmare result might have happened :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here