Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reiss Nelson

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
The most unlikely part of this rumour is that a footballer would spend a day off in an art gallery…

Checked his insta stories and it's 100% true.

Enter Gallery on Bond Street (formerly known as Art Republic)

Slightly disappointed he didn't post pictures of the brilliant Aroe exhibition.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The most unlikely part of this rumour is that a footballer would spend a day off in an art gallery…

I can remember reading many years ago in an interview with Graeme le Saux that his team mates at Chelsea wondered about his sexuality because he collected antique furniture and read the Guardian.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Supposedly at the Lancing training ground today (from my sauces).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
According to elsewhere on the internet,Arsenal rumored to be negotiating new contract with him before sending out on loan

Also currently on £50 grand a week allegedly!!

To clarify, unlike the likes of Palace, we don’t take other EPL team’s players on loan to develop them for their parent team anymore. Instead, we use clubs like Leeds Utd to develop OUR players.

If he comes to us, he comes permanently.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
To clarify, unlike the likes of Palace, we don’t take other EPL team’s players on loan to develop them for their parent team anymore. Instead, we use clubs like Leeds Utd to develop OUR players.

If he comes to us, he comes permanently.

I totally agree

The article mentioned a loan to Palace.Unfortunately i do know how to post links

Would you want to go to SE27 even on loan? cannot imagine any Art Galleries there!!

Sorry Hugo,i was not advocating taking him on loan

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I hope he does come here on loan If only to shut the snobs up who say we don't take loans as we are somehow above them !!

We are short on numbers at the moment and he would be a very welcome addition in any guise.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I hope he does come here on loan If only to shut the snobs up who say we don't take loans as we are somehow above them !!

We are short on numbers at the moment and he would be a very welcome addition in any guise.

No. Perm or forget it. As stated above we need to focus on developing our players, not Arsenal’s youngsters. Anyway, I thought the Gooners preferred a sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No. Perm or forget it. As stated above we need to focus on developing our players, not Arsenal’s youngsters. Anyway, I thought the Gooners preferred a sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We don't have any youngsters that are ready. I would rather take a player to help us out in the first team than nothing at all.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We don't have any youngsters that are ready. I would rather take a player to help us out in the first team than nothing at all.

I dont want a loan without the option to buy (in that case, it would be fine). **** that.

Then I'd rather just go with Maupay, Welbeck, Andone, Connolly and... Locadia (maybe not) and give the odd additional minute beyond that to the U23s (ready or not).

If Brighton are to continue with only one striker up front like in the first game, the team already has too many options.

Since Nelson can also play in the Trossard role, I wouldnt be opposed to the signing but a loan deal... meh. **** that.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

I presume the snob you are referring to is our technical director Dan Ashworth then? He has literally said that we have no interest in developing other teams' players, doing a bunch of hard work and then seeing no long term benefit for that. Our last loan that wasn't a loan to buy was Ulloa in 17/18, Mooy has been our only first team loan signing since then and that was a glorified permanent anyway. We don't do loans any more, it is not in the strategy of the club and if Nelson joins, it will be a permanent transfer.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I presume the snob you are referring to is our technical director Dan Ashworth then? He has literally said that we have no interest in developing other teams' players, doing a bunch of hard work and then seeing no long term benefit for that. Our last loan that wasn't a loan to buy was Ulloa in 17/18, Mooy has been our only first team loan signing since then and that was a glorified permanent anyway. We don't do loans any more, it is not in the strategy of the club and if Nelson joins, it will be a permanent transfer.
Pretty much all teams take short term loans except us.

I don't see anything wrong with having short term options we can borrow from other teams with not a lot of outlay. It enables our current players like trossard to have a rest every now and again. Look at willock at Newcastle last season. Lingard at West ham, are you really telling me you wouldn't have taken either of those?!?

Anyway the strategy is the strategy, so it seems like a closed book.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
You forgot Izzy Brown

Izzy came on loan before Ulloa. 25th July 2017. Ulloa 29th Jan 2018.

Since then we have brought in Mooy on loan with an option to buy in the first team. Ashworth joined the club in Spring 2019. No loans has been the strategy of the club for a long time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Pretty much all teams take short term loans except us.

I don't see anything wrong with having short term options we can borrow from other teams with not a lot of outlay. It enables our current players like trossard to have a rest every now and again. Look at willock at Newcastle last season. Lingard at West ham, are you really telling me you wouldn't have taken either of those?!?

Anyway the strategy is the strategy, so it seems like a closed book.

I guess if you believe we are short of numbers which you say we are, short term loans make sense.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I guess if you believe we are short of numbers which you say we are, short term loans make sense.

But I would say that's an opinion not shared by the majority. I think the squad is reasonably well stocked although we clearly could do with a first choice left back if we're going to spend more time this season with a back four. We don't want to block the progression of the younger players who appear to have a chance at playing in the first team this season, including Taylor Richards.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I dont want a loan without the option to buy (in that case, it would be fine). **** that.

Then I'd rather just go with Maupay, Welbeck, Andone, Connolly and... Locadia (maybe not) and give the odd additional minute beyond that to the U23s (ready or not).

If Brighton are to continue with only one striker up front like in the first game, the team already has too many options.

Since Nelson can also play in the Trossard role, I wouldnt be opposed to the signing but a loan deal... meh. **** that.

I didn't think Nelson was a striker as much as a wide forward/winger/attacking midfielder? In which case we the formations we use he's batting Trossard, MacAllister, Lallana, Gross, March, Zequri, Moder, Connolly and a couple of youngsters for one of two or three spots. I think we're already unable to get the first four names in the team in their best positions. Not sure this is an area we need bodies in with limited funds and squad space

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here