Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reiss Nelson

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Reports now that he's signing a new deal with Arsenal.
Good, I've heard of him, I've seen him play, no squiggles over any of the letters in his name - a definite no from me.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Reports now that he's signing a new deal with Arsenal.
Silly boy if true, in my opinion. He's 23 so over the next few seasons must be playing regular football. Last season he managed 10 Prem appearances for Arsenal, all from the bench, mostly just 5 to 10 minutes of playing time. With inevitable investment this summer he will find his opportunities even more limited.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Doesn't get enough games at Arsenal and knows he won't but still considering signing.... wasted.... a definite no from me.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Apparently available on loan. May make a sensible option considering our injuries in wide positions?
That was my reaction too when I read that Arsenal might loan him out.. can be explosive and his issue is he's not as good as Saka or Martinelli (and in Arteta's view Trossard) but thats quite a benchmark to get over. Arsenal could have sold him in the summer but convinced him to stay, but he is a bit-part player so loan feels essential for him given his age.. I would love to have him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nelson & Nketiah: two players who'd have been better served by going out on loan and building their reputations up (I know Nelson did have a short, largely ordinary spell in the Bundesliga once) rather than sitting around on the Arsenal bench, getting cup appearances or PL cameos every now and again. Arsenal do have a bit of a habit of hanging on to players who aren't quite good enough for their level, in the vain hope that they suddenly have an epiphany. Look how long they had Rob Holding for, or Carl [somebody or other who was a really mediocre full back].

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Nelson & Nketiah: two players who'd have been better served by going out on loan and building their reputations up (I know Nelson did have a short, largely ordinary spell in the Bundesliga once) rather than sitting around on the Arsenal bench, getting cup appearances or PL cameos every now and again. Arsenal do have a bit of a habit of hanging on to players who aren't quite good enough for their level, in the vain hope that they suddenly have an epiphany. Look how long they had Rob Holding for, or Carl [somebody or other who was a really mediocre full back].
Jenkinson (agree totally with your points too).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think Smith-Rowe is falling into that category too.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Absolutely agree. Willock bucked that trend a little, signing for Newcastle after a loan period having played 40-odd games for Arsenal , but Reiss-Nelson has presumably been told he will get more game time but that certainly hasn't materialised yet but it meant he signed for another 4.5 years! . Interestingly he has played similar number of games as Willock had before his loan move to Newcastle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here