Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reimburse Albion fans at Luton

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
If you book to see a singer or comedian and the act doesn't show up, you get your money back.
Not turning up and turning up and being shite is two different things, I’m a massive fan of The Happy Mondays/Black Grape and have seen them several times, they’ve given me the best nights of my life but then on other occasions have been pony (Black Grape at the Brighton Centre was their “Luton”) nobody screamed for a policeman to get their money back though.
I'm curious to know if anyone has found themselves using the words 'wet & wipe' today :whistle:

I don't think it's an NSC term and it's not one of mine either, but it certainly seems to have struck a chord.:lolol:
I’ve used “wet” & “wank” today, it seems to be more applicable. 🤣

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Had a crap day at work Monday, didn’t perform to my best, was a bit tired TBH….

Have decided not to return any proportion of my wage….

Thought everyone would want to know that 👍

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not turning up and turning up and being shite is two different things, I’m a massive fan of The Happy Mondays/Black Grape and have seen them several times, they’ve given me the best nights of my life but then on other occasions have been pony (Black Grape at the Brighton Centre was their “Luton”) nobody screamed for a policeman to get their money back though.

I’ve used “wet” & “wank” today, it seems to be more applicable. 🤣
Precisely.

And if I ever have to watch another shit game of football on the TV I am going to demand that we defund the BBC. Only Sunak can drain the swamp. Immigration figures.....

Sorry, I dropped a tab of acid when on the Trump thread last night and I'm now getting flashbacks.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
0800 8049

That's the number for Albion reimbursements, every season, 38 matches a season.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Never something I would personally call for; I've seen way too many crap performances over so many years but I sort of understand the argument.

If you book to see a singer or comedian and the act doesn't show up, you get your money back.
If you book a train ticket and the train gets cancelled, you get your money back
If you book a restaurant and the food is disgusting, you don't pay the bill.

If you book a ticket for a football match and your team doesn't turn up. Tough titty.

I also understand the argument that todays footballers are millionaires. Not like the olden days when the majority of pro footballers had to take other jobs to support their families when their playing careers came to an end.

Even so, it just wouldn't feel right to expect the club to shell out to compensate travelling fans. Once you start, where do you draw the line? In any event, Tony Bloom is the club and we have had more than good value out of his personal investment. He can't be blamed for the players not bothering to get off the bus last night. That is 100% down to the players and the manager.
Now this is an educated and polite response. What's wrong with you man.

If only some of the others could articulate a response or argument in such a way. I'm all for a debate & others views, there have been some good arguments, but the language & attacks thrown about by some on various threads is an absolute joke.
Never an educated post, just attacks which says it all.
I imagine kids with language such as wet wipes. 🤣 💪If grown men, I've no words...
Where is the option to ignore posts with the words 'wet wipe'. Can I put a feature request in?!

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
I'm curious to know if anyone has found themselves using the words 'wet & wipe' today :whistle:

I don't think it's an NSC term and it's not one of mine either, but it certainly seems to have struck a chord.:lolol:
A few youngsters hanging outside the co-op, kitted out in Lonsdale gear, with a vape. One of them still had the sports direct 75% off label hanging out. The worry of being called a wet wipe scared me off.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
It was just a bump in the road, as PBOBE would say. Supporting the Albion is about highs and lows. Take the rough with the smooth. So called”fans” who can’t accept this should stick to playing Football Manager in between attending school.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
0800 8049

That's the number for Albion reimbursements, every season, 38 matches a season.
It certainly wasn’t 0800, the bastard thing cost me a fortune in 2ps when I was trying to find a midweek result as old Millard used to start the call by reading out the result of the Seagull Lottery as slowly as he could.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There is something noble and decent about players offering to pay for the tickets of travelling fans after a horrendous result a long way from home.

Fans demanding a refund is just ridiculous.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
There is something noble and decent about players offering to pay for the tickets of travelling fans after a horrendous result a long way from home.
I'm not sure even that's true. If they were giving everything they could but lost, they don't owe anybody anything.
If they want to hold their hands up and say they genuinely weren't trying, I don't want their bloody money, I want them to f***ing try harder next time.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not sure even that's true. If they were giving everything they could but lost, they don't owe anybody anything.
If they want to hold their hands up and say they genuinely weren't trying, I don't want their bloody money, I want them to f***ing try harder next time.
I never see their reimbursements as them saying they weren't trying. More an acknowledgement of the distance the fans have travelled and that the players performance was way below acceptable.

Totally agree that they don't owe anyone anything and that is why it's a noble gesture.

Fwiw I don't really hold with the notion of players not trying. They almost always try, it's just that sometimes their efforts don't work.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Precisely. The implied accusation from some that they weren’t trying is pretty insulting as well. This is a squad that has delivered final stages of Europa League football. One that has delivered so many wonderful occasions in recent times. It went badly at Luton, that’s it.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I never see their reimbursements as them saying they weren't trying. More an acknowledgement of the distance the fans have travelled and that the players performance was way below acceptable.

Totally agree that they don't owe anyone anything and that is why it's a noble gesture.

Fwiw I don't really hold with the notion of players not trying. They almost always try, it's just that sometimes their efforts don't work.
I mean, if a bunch of millionaires fancy subsidising our travel costs to watch them, that's something I could get down with.
I'm not sure it should be tied to performances though. That could lead to some perverse incentives for supporters at the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here