Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reimburse Albion fans at Luton

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've seen clubs (well players) reimburse fans after woeful performance.
Tonight's game has been truly awful.
It would be a nice gesture if these millionaires were to reimburse those far more loyal than me the cost of their ticket and expenses.
An apology at the very least, they should be embarrassed.
The fans get behind the team week in week out, spending hard earned money, now to give something back!
Perhaps the bonding session should be somewhere the working man can afford next year.

Coat of Armor at the Ready. 🥊
So using this argument surely when we do well everyone that went should cough some more money to the club ? Let's say Chelsea at home last season - a tenner a person - there's an extra £300k+ for the club.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Never something I would personally call for; I've seen way too many crap performances over so many years but I sort of understand the argument.

If you book to see a singer or comedian and the act doesn't show up, you get your money back.
If you book a train ticket and the train gets cancelled, you get your money back
If you book a restaurant and the food is disgusting, you don't pay the bill.

If you book a ticket for a football match and your team doesn't turn up. Tough titty.

I also understand the argument that todays footballers are millionaires. Not like the olden days when the majority of pro footballers had to take other jobs to support their families when their playing careers came to an end.

Even so, it just wouldn't feel right to expect the club to shell out to compensate travelling fans. Once you start, where do you draw the line? In any event, Tony Bloom is the club and we have had more than good value out of his personal investment. He can't be blamed for the players not bothering to get off the bus last night. That is 100% down to the players and the manager.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
You know those videos of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd fans throwing their toys out of the pram when we've beaten them, and we all have a good laugh at their complete over reaction? This thread is our equivalent.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You know those videos of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd fans throwing their toys out of the pram when we've beaten them, and we all have a good laugh at their complete over reaction? This thread is our equivalent.
It isn’t, it really isn’t.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I think they should give us £30 amex drinks vouchers, so probably what 2 or 3 pints in that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Never something I would personally call for; I've seen way too many crap performances over so many years but I sort of understand the argument.

If you book to see a singer or comedian and the act doesn't show up, you get your money back.
If you book a train ticket and the train gets cancelled, you get your money back

If you book a ticket for a football match and your team doesn't turn up. Tough titty.

I also understand the argument that todays footballers are millionaires. Not like the olden days when the majority of pro footballers had to take other jobs to support their families when their playing careers came to an end.

Even so, it just wouldn't feel right to expect the club to shell out to compensate travelling fans. Once you start, where do you draw the line? In any event, Tony Bloom is the club and we have had more than good value out of his personal investment. He can't be blamed for the players not bothering to get off the bus last night. That is 100% down to the players and the manager.
All part of watching football. What would the cutoff be in future if this precedent was set ?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If the club offered a refund, and I wouldn't put it past PBOBE to do so, I'd pass it on to charity and hoped it was an option on the refund offer.
🤣Barber spends a lot of time dreaming up ways to squeeze another £20 out of fans you can’t give a ticket that you have already paid for to a mate or family member officially without coughing up a few quid.
Giving it back he isn’t.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Your a plumber, you screw up, you wipe some cash off the customers bill. This impacts ability to pay the mortgage if lucky enough to have one.
Fans in the scheme of things are paying customers to the club, it's commercial, all about the money. They've been delivered a shit service tonight. Here's a few beers lads, means sod all to me, it's small change.
I'd right a good review for a theatre if good and a bad review if bad, this is a bad review.
Maybe I'm looking at it too much from a finance angle. I'm not a fan of the multi millions being thrown around.
Wasted cash for those that went, but hey ho, my view and clearly not others.
Please no one else support my view point, I will take the arrows. 🤣
If only we all thought the same way in society.

Peace out....
You didn’t buy a service. Your money bought you goods ie a match ticket. It did not come with guarantees. If anybody does not buy into that arrangement then don’t buy match tickets. Someone more grateful for the opportunity will buy next time tickets for Luton go on sale.
Not particularly directed at you. I actually thought your OP was supposed to be ironic !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm curious to know if anyone has found themselves using the words 'wet & wipe' today :whistle:

I don't think it's an NSC term and it's not one of mine either, but it certainly seems to have struck a chord.:lolol:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

If you book to see a singer or comedian and the act doesn't show up, you get your money back..
Well yes, that's because the event you paid to see didn't happen at all. A refund is in order because I haven't got what I paid for.

Well yes, that's because the train you paid to travel on didn't go anywhere. My only expectation on buying a train ticket is that it will get me somewhere, vaguely at the time planned. If that doesn't happen, I haven't got what I paid for.

That very much depends. If the restaurant agrees that something wasn't right with it. However, if it's just that you don't like it (and it was as meant and as described), most/many restaurants would tell you to suck it up. Those that don't would just take the hit at their discretion because they don't want bad press (and some twats dine out for free regularly because of this).

If they literally didn't turn up, there would be a refund, no?
If you're speaking figuratively, where do we draw the line and decide that a performance was so bad that a refund is in order? Does anyone buy a ticket only on the basis that they are expecting a positive result and/or a silky performance? I doubt it - most (all?) are paying to see their team pitted against another team for 90-odd minutes. That's it.
I don't think buying a ticket for a sporting event is forming a contract guaranteeing you a positive result, or even a positive performance. It's sport. Teams and individuals have off days. Part of the interest is the variety - if we won every game, it would get a little boring, no?

Talk of a refund is nonsense IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here