Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reimburse Albion fans at Luton

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
…..actually I’m not, I’ve just found this on the sky sports website

“A football team from Martinique which made an 8,000 mile (12,900km) round-trip to play a cup tie in France lost the match 12-0.

Golden Lion are the reigning champions on the island, an overseas region of France in the Caribbean, and one of several teams from outside the country to enter the French cup.

Unfortunately for them, they were drawn against Lille, from Ligue 1, the French first division, in the round of 64.

And there was no fairytale upset, as Lion failed to roar, getting mauled 12-0 by the former French champions in Saturday's game.

They conceded seven goals before half-time, including four in nine minutes towards the end of the first half.

Jonathan David and Edon Zhegrova both scored hat-tricks in a record win for the hosts at Stade Pierre-Mauroy.

Golden Lion did manage one shot on goal, but Lille had 37 efforts.

Despite the defeat Golden Lion fans were generally upbeat, Season ticket holder Whetius D’wyppe said “ I won’t be asking for any sort of refund, what am I? some kind of c**t?”

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I once went to see Attilla when he was supporting Cliff and the Shadows on their 31st comeback tour, Attilla was okay, granted some of his poems didn’t rhyme, but heigh ho, but Cliff was s*** and Hank Marvin didn’t even show up, but I wouldn’t have dreamed of asking for a refund. 🤷‍♂️

Thats showbiz, and this is sport, same concept 👍

Jan 30, 2024
Brighton
I've seen clubs (well players) reimburse fans after woeful performance.
Tonight's game has been truly awful.
It would be a nice gesture if these millionaires were to reimburse those far more loyal than me the cost of their ticket and expenses.
An apology at the very least, they should be embarrassed.
The fans get behind the team week in week out, spending hard earned money, now to give something back!
Perhaps the bonding session should be somewhere the working man can afford next year.

Coat of Armor at the Ready. 🥊

Ludicrous. And that's being kind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here