Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Regarding Wayne Henderson

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
rospants said:
but we all f*** up at work ocassionally and get things wrong

I try not to in my job bacause it could be very costly but I see where your coming from.

I sometimes wonder just exactly what some Albion fans want these days! There's an expectation that all the players should go out and give a 100% faultless display week in week out or their useless. Well if they done that they'd be snapped up by Premiershit clubs and then the club would be wrong for selling them! Maybe it's just me but I don't get it. :nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Some posters seem to think that Hendo threw his toys out of the pram because he was dropped and are expecting that again.

He wasn't dropped for lack of form but was dropped because he went away on international duty which is an entirely different kettle of fish. He was persuaded to stay after a couple of weeks. Since then he has done his best and not exactly conceded many goals at all but they stand out due to the goals drought by our strikers.

Unlike FDM who was dropped after a major tantrum at Bramall Lane conceding 3 goals and stayed on the transfer list for 5 months.

As Hiney says, let's be grateful we have two good keepers and appreciate them both.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yorkie said:
Some posters seem to think that Hendo threw his toys out of the pram because he was dropped and are expecting that again.

He wasn't dropped for lack of form but was dropped because he went away on international duty which is an entirely different kettle of fish. He was persuaded to stay after a couple of weeks. Since then he has done his best and not exactly conceded many goals at all but they stand out due to the goals drought by our strikers.

Unlike FDM who was dropped after a major tantrum at Bramall Lane conceding 3 goals and stayed on the transfer list for 5 months.

As Hiney says, let's be grateful we have two good keepers and appreciate them both.

Lets also not forget that the the 2 situations were handled by 2 different managers, Wilkins strikes me as being slightly more diplomatic than the conflict loving McGhee was. I agree with Fdm & Hendo both being good keepers.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
British Bulldog said:
Lets also not forget that the the 2 situations were handled by 2 different managers, Wilkins strikes me as being slightly more diplomatic than the conflict loving McGhee was. I agree with Fdm & Hendo both being good keepers.

McGhee didn't cause the conflict. Kuipers attacking Lynch and McShane caused the conflict and McGhee quite rightly said he was dropped until he apologised to his team-mates.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I think we are all missing a point here. A minor miricle happened today. We Won with Kuipers in goal.

Seriously though, nobody knows why Hendo was dropped - we assume it was crowd pressure again but lets just hope that when Kuipers fucks up or gets injured both of which are very likely, very soon, Wayne will come back into the team a stronger player.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yorkie said:
Form clearly WAS part of the reason he was dropped. He was poor against Crewe, then went away and Kuipers was excellent in his absence.

And I think you'll find he has conceded a lot of goals, we haven't kept a league clean sheet since August.

His body language was not great today, sulky, you can understand it with a section of the support (and I use the word loosely) always on his back, but he hardly endears himself.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Would you? Bournemouth would have been the last straw for me. For a section of your own fans to boo you after a mistake even when he had the decency to applaud the fans was f***ing discraceful. My transfer request would have been on the managers desk Monday morning.

Gazwag said:
A lot of people on here are rubbing their hands with glee at the thought that he's off no doubt, that'll be great with just Mr "'bout time I got injured again" as No 1 and an untried kid as reserve, cant wait

What a load of nonsense.

I'm one of the people who felt it was time for a change in goal after a very poor run where the defence looked like it was organised by Max Sennett. Part of that has to be down to their lack of confidence in their goal keeper?

I'm sure nobody wants him to leave because he is still young (for a GK) and still learning his trade. Unfortunately those are 2 commodities we can't afford in the middle of a relegation battle when results are going against us.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
chez said:
But lets just hope that when Kuipers fucks up or gets injured both of which are very likely, very soon, Wayne will come back into the team a stronger player.

Not biased at all then really?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Silent Bob said:

And I think you'll find he has conceded a lot of goals, we haven't kept a league clean sheet since August.

What tripe. 3-0 against Huddersfield in October. :dunce:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
chez said:
Very Very biased. Based on the fact that Hendo is miles and miles better than Kuipers.

The truth is that their stats for goals conceded are almost identical.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
RM-Taylor said:
Looked very unhappy during the pre-match warm-up, even more unhappier when the teams were read out and when FDM's name was read. Didn't come on to the pitch at half-time to warm-up either so sorry to put a spoiler on a magnificent day but I think he might be going.

I noticed that to. Who cares? He is only required as second keeper - he can like it or lump it! :censored:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Please, please, please stop this bickering nonsense - it's getting very, very boring.

It is obvious that we are split down the middle on who should be in goal, but those on the extremes of each side of the argument are talking tosh.

I am very slightly in the FDM camp, but there is so little between them that I'm not that bothered who is picked. I feel the decision to put FDM for yesterday's game was the right one as Hendo had made a few mistakes in recent weeks. In my opinion that is true no matter what anyone says.

However, it would be no surprise to me if FDM made mistakes in his next run of games. The decision lies with the manager and coaches and I would be amazed if they took any notice of a few hysterical comments for or against either ' keeper on NSC.

We've got two capable keepers for League One . Be thankful, and now let's all shut up on the subject.

Mods - how about imposing a moratorium on Hendo v FDM threads for a few weeks?

Knotty said:
Please, please, please stop this bickering nonsense - it's getting very, very boring.

It is obvious that we are split down the middle on who should be in goal, but those on the extremes of each side of the argument are talking tosh.

I am very slightly in the FDM camp, but there is so little between them that I'm not that bothered who is picked. I feel the decision to put FDM for yesterday's game was the right one as Hendo had made a few mistakes in recent weeks. In my opinion that is true no matter what anyone says.

However, it would be no surprise to me if FDM made mistakes in his next run of games. The decision lies with the manager and coaches and I would be amazed if they took any notice of a few hysterical comments for or against either ' keeper on NSC.

We've got two capable keepers for League One . Be thankful, and now let's all shut up on the subject.

Mods - how about imposing a moratorium on Hendo v FDM threads for a few weeks?

He speaks the truth, and sense.

Ban him Mods, he doesn't belong on NSC.

Hiney said:
I'm GLAD he looked pissed off.

The key is what he does on Monday morning. I hope he goes into training, works his bollocks off and gives Dean Wilkins another selection headache for Tuesday.

What is the POINT of the pathetic criticism of Wayne Henderson?

Surely we should be PLEASED that we have two GOOD goalkeepers competing for the shirt, as well as a couple of promising youngsters coming through.

People who relentlessly slaughter Henderson, or any other player for that matter, should be ASHAMED of themselves. Do you think they go out on the pitch to make mistakes DELIBERATELY?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Top Post - Spot on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nemesis said:
What a load of nonsense.

I'm one of the people who felt it was time for a change in goal after a very poor run where the defence looked like it was organised by Max Sennett. Part of that has to be down to their lack of confidence in their goal keeper?

I'm sure nobody wants him to leave because he is still young (for a GK) and still learning his trade. Unfortunately those are 2 commodities we can't afford in the middle of a relegation battle when results are going against us.

Rubbish back to you - the ferocity of hate by a lot of so called fans will really help install confidence - yes Henderson has made some mistakes but to be treated like he has been by "fans" is disgusting.

If you are happy with the thought of an untried youth teamer on the bench in this possible relegation battle then maybe you are more confident with FDM's non injury ability than I am.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Gazwag said:
Rubbish back to you - the ferocity of hate by a lot of so called fans will really help install confidence - yes Henderson has made some mistakes but to be treated like he has been by "fans" is disgusting.

If you are happy with the thought of an untried youth teamer on the bench in this possible relegation battle then maybe you are more confident with FDM's non injury ability than I am.

No, the way FDM has been treated is disgusting. We only ever needed someone as cover for him. Instead, we get Hendoclown pushing our LEGEND out! :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here