Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Refused hospital treatment

gully07

Sep 26, 2010
hassocks
Yes. But if it did wouldn't I first call my GP or NHS Direct for advice. I guess you did that first and they advised you what to do.

Funny that went to drs Monday morning given anti biopics and was told that if the swelling didn't go down then either go back to them or visit a/e so after 2 days of constant pain hardly any sleep went up there 1st thing there you have it my sorry little story about a big spot

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm sure that hans kray fan bloke will turn up soon and tell everyone who's right or wrong.

Not quite sure what your problem is petal, but since you asked, I'd say only the OP knows how painful / urgent it was.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Funny that went to drs Monday morning given anti biopics and was told that if the swelling didn't go down then either go back to them or visit a/e so after 2 days of constant pain hardly any sleep went up there 1st thing there you have it my sorry little story about a big spot

There you go. You were right then.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
That's either tongue in cheek or you're very dim.

How do you define life threatening? Last year a girl walks into A&E and complains about pains in her leg and told to go home. 4 days later she dies because of DVT like I had.

You shouldn't ever turn anyone away without given them a full assessment to make sure they are fully fit to leave A&E. And his case I'd have kept him there till I was 'Doctor/Nurse' sure he was fit enough to go home.

gully07

Sep 26, 2010
hassocks
How do you define life threatening? Last year a girl walks into A&E and complains about pains in her leg and told to go home. 4 days later she dies because of DVT like I had.

You shouldn't ever turn anyone away without given them a full assessment to make sure they are fully fit to leave A&E. And his case I'd have kept him there till I was 'Doctor/Nurse' sure he was fit enough to go home.
That was the best bit didn't even get led into a cubicle got show the door straight away

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is there a context to this?

Were they rammed with people?

Did they say you can wait, but it will be quicker/easier to see your GP?

Presumably the problem has been festering for a while.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Must admit on the other side of the coin ... when we were playing at Gillingham and playing Colchester 4-4 I think, when the 4th equaliser went in jumped up to celebrate foot landed on the edge of the terracing and turned my ankle .. left it 3-days still couldn't walk on it and ended up at AE ... fecking broke it in 3 places and the doctor went mental stating I should have called an ambulance and would probably need an operation ... Drove home with my son though from the game and just put some frozen peas on it

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
There are signs up at A&E departments asking the simple question- is it an emergency or has it happened in the last 24 hours? If not go to your GP. It's not difficult. A&E waiting rooms are full of people who should be at the GP's surgery, failing that there are walk in centres available.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
The NHS is under enormous strain and you rock up with something that is neither an accident nor an emergency. My view? This thread is pointless.

Wouldn't have anything to do with the millions of immigrants would it? You know the ones who owe the country £200 million then disappear without paying while Gully pays his taxes and gets turned away.

Bloody stupid tax payers.

gully07

Sep 26, 2010
hassocks
The NHS is under enormous strain and you rock up with something that is neither an accident nor an emergency. My view? This thread is pointless.

So in the event that this happens to you what would you do after suffering for 5 days oh yeah I'm pretty dam sure you would go to the 1st place that is open and available to ease the pain that your in

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Did he seek an Ambulance? No, He walked in and as he pays his taxes then he's bloody well entitled to treatment.

I'm not sure paying taxes technically entitles you to treatment in A & E ?

Don't know what I'd do in the situation above though. Probably Doctors first I guess.

I ended up in A&E recently. Long story but it was the only option. My God, under strain is an under statement.

It is creaking.

On the subject of immigrants and Chinese doctors. Made me chuckle but most point out that's the ffing relevance.

The reason I laughed is that a relative of mine had their surname mistyped in A&E. Mistyped in a hands on keyboard type way which had little relevance to their real name.

Mistyped in a way that made them sound Chinese.

The hospital have been chasing hard for payment for National Health service treatment. Got out sorted now, but I take this story about missing millions with a huge pinch of salt. From their direct and quite experience, if a hospital thinks you owe them money they come after you.

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

The root cause is your Dr then for their clearly incorrect A&E advice, why is your ire not with them?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Tbf we have all probably been in the situation where you go to the GP and they send you to A&E, and similarly, where we have gone to A&E and they have redirected you to the GP. The majority of us haven't been to medical school, and are unjustly bollocked for choosing the wrong option, due to our lack of medical training ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here