Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Refused hospital treatment

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Name and shame the A&E into resolving the issue so nothing like it happens again. You never know you might end up there one night with a life threatening injury and they might just turn you away.

Was it life threatening ? Doesn't look it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Name and shame the A&E into resolving the issue so nothing like it happens again. You never know you might end up there one night with a life threatening injury and they might just turn you away.

But there have been plenty of reports recently about members of the public using A&E as a GP replacement service. Due to the pressures they are under they have been pleading for patients not to use them as a first port of call. The abscess doesn't look like it came up overnight so the patient really should seek advice through a non-emergency channel surely? I can't see how anyone can shame the NHS for that. Plus, clearly the abscess was treated today.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Wasn't an accident or an emergency but when you have something like that strangulating your leg I think anybody would do the same

Hope it's all sorted, but it might be worth going back to the hospital and demanding a chest scan for possible cardial barbarella.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

That's either tongue in cheek or you're very dim.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
But there have been plenty of reports recently about members of the public using A&E as a GP replacement service. Due to the pressures they are under they have been pleading for patients not to use them as a first port of call. The abscess doesn't look like it came up overnight so the patient really should seek advice through a non-emergency channel surely? I can't see how anyone can shame the NHS for that. Plus, clearly the abscess was treated today.

Did he seek an Ambulance? No, He walked in and as he pays his taxes then he's bloody well entitled to treatment.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I went on the 111 website last week about an issue I had, and put in my symptoms, and it said go to A&E immediately. I uhmmed and ahhed for over three days, to see if it would settle, and as it didn't, off I trotted to the hossy. A nice Dr. had a look, and said I needed to go and see my GP. I explained the situation with the 111 website, and here's the crux, as he told me the 111 website tells EVERYONE to go to A&E :ohmy:

I think I heard on the news yesterday that NHS Direct have pulled the plug on 111, as it's turning into a fiasco ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here