Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Referring to Albion fans as 'seagulls'.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
This season I have noticed our full and glorious name being used more regularly, rather than just 'Brighton'.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Well we're informally known as "gobbi" ("hunchbacks"), so it really depends on what you make of your nickname. Same with "culés" ("those who show their ass") for Barça fans.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yes, it makes it seem that we are fans of a noisy bird that will steal your chips when you are walking along the beach
I have been known personally to nick the odd chip off somebody’s plate, but not with a noisy squawking and a flapping of wings…..

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Nah, I'm about the same age and I'm also 'Albion'.

Would find someone calling me a seagull a bit odd - especially as I tend to refer to seagulls as 'f**king annoying vermin' on the odd times that they squawk me awake at 4.30am in the summer or dive bomb us in the garden because one of their extremely stupid offspring have fallen off the roof again.
The gulls wake me up and just as I get back to sleep the wood pigeons start.
I know it’s the club nickname and on the badge but I honestly hate herring gulls.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Not sure how visible this will be once uploaded - but on my walk yesterday through a little Cretan village, I came across this little house. The sign says Albion House … so a photo just had to be taken!!

IMG_6442.jpeg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Once a seagull, always a seagull.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I just know when I’m in the Amex and a actual seagull flies overhead I smile.
I love seeing them lined up along the arches, watching us, just waiting for us to leave so they can swoop in and clear up the crumbs.

Better than being a Gooner, Bantam, or Tractor boy.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Someone I know through work lives in Brighton, but comes from London I believe. I bumped into him at a trade event a while ago and during conversation I asked if he had any football loyalties.

"The Seagulls" he replied, slightly hesitantly.

I don't think I've heard anyone answer like that before. I always say "Brighton". Almost never "the Albion". And absolutely never "The Seagulls".

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I never use Albion when I'm outside of Sussex because I don't want to be confused with the inferior Midlands outfit, so I say 'The Mighty Albion'.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Or a Cottager.
I'm proud to be a Cottager.

I suppose this is indicative that people are talking more about BHAFC and want a quick way of describing their fans, like "Gooner". All they've done is give you the same nickname as the club.

What irritates me is that when people say 'seagull' they are usually referring to a Herring Gull. There is no such bird as a Seagull. Other gulls around here (eg Black-backed, Common) aren't as aggressive to humans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here