Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Referring to Albion fans as 'seagulls'.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I've noticed many more people referring to Albion fans as 'seagulls' or a 'seagull'.

Way more than previously.

I am an Albion fan, or if outside of Sussex, a Brighton fan.

Just wondering if there's a reason...

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I've noticed many people referring to Albion fans as 'seagulls' or a 'seagull'. Way more than previously.

Personally, it makes me wince a bit.

I am an Albion fan, or if outside of Sussex, a Brighton fan.

Why does it make you wince a bit?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Yes, it makes it seem that we are fans of a noisy bird that will steal your chips when you are walking along the beach

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I suppose it makes the perception a bit different if you spent your whole life as a seagull, or supporting the Seagulls, or whether through your childhood, youth and formative years seagulls were merely shite-hawks that flew around at the seaside and nothing ti do with football at all.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I've been an Albion fan since the club badge changed to a seagull in the late 1970s.

None of my Albion friends refer to us as 'seagulls' or refer to themselves as a 'seagull'. Always been Albion.

Anyway, doesn't matter.

Just woke up wondering. Must be the medication I'm on...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've been an Albion fan since the club badge changed to a seagull in the late 1970s.

None of my Albion friends refer to us as 'seagulls' or refer to themselves as a 'seagull'. Always been Albion.

Anyway, doesn't matter.

Just woke up wondering. Must be the medication I'm on...
Nah, I'm about the same age and I'm also 'Albion'.

Would find someone calling me a seagull a bit odd - especially as I tend to refer to seagulls as 'f**king annoying vermin' on the odd times that they squawk me awake at 4.30am in the summer or dive bomb us in the garden because one of their extremely stupid offspring have fallen off the roof again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here