Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referee (Officials)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also feel it may have been the assistant who called it, as the red card didn't come until after the referee had spoken to him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You can't send players off based on the level of injury, otherwise some shocking challenges would go completely unpunished.

I'd very much like to see a replay, but from my seat it looked like a 50/50 ball which Calderon has been red carded because (1) someone has broken a leg and (2) Justin Edinburgh made a high fuss about it.

Yes this. Edinburgh was out of order and undoubtedly contributed to the referees decision.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Calde won ball, other player came flying in? Should have been a red to the Newport player but obviously didn't have the balls to send off an injured player.

Damn right. The ref completely ****ed up. We're appealing but I can't see the F wits at the FA having the balls to rescind the card based on the severity of the injury either.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
He looked to be in unimaginable pain and looked like they had to strap his leg up to keep it together. Poor guy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mate & I had a diagonal but clear view of it from East side of North. Looked to both of us like the Newport player was fractionally second to it and went in harder. Was absolutely amazed when Calde was sent off. You can be the aggressor and come off worse. Gazza in the Cup Final anyone?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes this. Edinburgh was out of order and undoubtedly contributed to the referees decision.

The irony being that, as a defender himself, he was a massive donkey who probably crocked his fair share of players.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
You can't send players off based on the level of injury, otherwise some shocking challenges would go completely unpunished.

I'd very much like to see a replay, but from my seat it looked like a 50/50 ball which Calderon has been red carded because (1) someone has broken a leg and (2) Justin Edinburgh made a high fuss about it.

Its 100% what's happened.
The ref only stopped play as there was a serious injury - as Justin was in the lino's ear - hes made the call for the red

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Very much this. I was five rows from the front of WSL block C and it was definitely 50/50. That gobby ******* manager of theirs needs to be spoken to by the FA. Goading the crowd. So does his bald prick assistant.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Thought it was a 50/50 ball...both went for it...it was unfortunate that a leg got broken...but I don't think there was any intention on Caldes part.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Right in front of me.

Worst refereeing decision / performance at the AMEX since the Burnley great escape match.

Ref was a disgrace.

tylerlench

Mar 7, 2013
Maresfield
the noise was horrific but people should of clapped when the player was carried off most did but a small minority booed its disrespectful no matter what the refs decision was

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
the news was horrific but people should of clapped when the player was carried off most did but a small minority booed its disrespectful no matter what the refs decision was

I think they were booing the ref, not the poor bugger with a snapped right peg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The worst decision I have seen in the flesh...

Well since Saturday anyway. Their player has gone in as the aggressor, Calde is there way before he is. The ref and lino have caved in to pressure from the Newport bench and should be ashamed of themselves. Hopefully there will be no need for an appeal as it is within the referees power to have a look at the video and admit he got it wrong.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just to confirm, I'm pretty certain the noise was shin pad (Calde' s) and wasn't they poor guys leg breaking. It was the sound of plastic l, not he leg snapping. I've heard a shin pad crack many a time in football ;)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just to confirm, I'm pretty certain the noise was shin pad (Calde' s) and wasn't they poor guys leg breaking. It was the sound of plastic l, not he leg snapping. I've heard a shin pad crack many a time in football ;)

Thought the same. Was a plastic noise not a bone noise. Whatever that is.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Saw and heard it from the North stand. looked 50/50 to me and the Newport player looked to go in harder. Just an unfortunate injury.

Ref was a donkey all night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here