Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referee for Sunday - bet Poyet is happy !

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Palace quite simply get a shed load of luck in / before games with us. It's really quite remarkable. I see we're playing tomorrow and they're not too..

I was thinking we are due so many refereeing decisions against them after D'Urso missed a blatant penalty for us last season when it was 1-0 to us at the Amex, the referee last year falling for Zaha's dive in the 1-1 draw and the referee at Selhurst getting two major decisions wrong (corner for their first goal and penalty for the second) but that's not going to happen now we've got Pawson on Sunday.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Great only my second ever visit to the Amex for a match and that c##k is ref again! He ruined my maiden visit after 9 mins ...unbelievable.
Better practice the Great Escape again lads and lasses as a couple of powder puff tumbles from Palace's sycro diving team and we'll be belting that one out again for 80 mins!!!!:censored:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Palace quite simply get a shed load of luck in / before games with us. It's really quite remarkable. I see we're playing tomorrow and they're not too..

This season perhaps, other than the 5-0, we haven't had any luck coming into games against you.

I assume you're playing tomorrow because the Barnsley game was rescheduled due to FA Cup clashes? The exact same will happen to us if Millwall beat Blackburn.

What did this ref do exactly? Is he from the game when Burnley scraped past you at The Amex after two quick red cards?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What did this ref do exactly? Is he from the game when Burnley scraped past you at The Amex after two quick red cards?

Correct. The second was an outrageous decision, where it was the Burnley player who committed the foul.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

I was saying this to a bloke at work. At the reverse game Bridge was out, so we stick someone else there and they get injured, so we stick Orlandi there and he breaks a rib out of the blue and end up with Bridcutt at left back. We also went all season with no sending off.....until that game........in the first ten minutes.

Last years home game we ended up having to play 3 games in 6 days in the lead up to the game.

This time we have to play on Tues before when they do not. We also lose 3 strikers in the lead up to the game and now we have this (unt of a ref.

It is unbelievable.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I was saying this to a bloke at work. At the reverse game Bridge was out, so we stick someone else there and they get injured, so we stick Orlandi there and he breaks a rib out of the blue and end up with Bridcutt at left back. We also went all season with no sending off.....until that game........in the first ten minutes.

Last years home game we ended up having to play 3 games in 6 days in the lead up to the game.

This time we have to play on Tues before when they do not. We also lose 3 strikers in the lead up to the game and now we have this (unt of a ref.

It is unbelievable.

Put like that it does feel like the footballing gods have it in for us

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bound to give a penalty every time Winifred dives in the penalty area (4 pens minimum)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

It is unbelievable.

Half of that is nothing to do with luck.

Bridge has always been somewhat prone to injury. The fact that he misses a game on occasion should come as no surprise.

Also, Dunk getting sent off in the first 10 minutes pretty much saved you from going 1-0 down. It was a ridiculous tackle to make and was a clear red card, it's not unlucky it's just stupid play.

You have to play on Tuesday because you have a game in hand over us. That meant you had a larger gap between games at some point earlier in the season, were you lucky then?

Bound to give a penalty every time Winifred dives in the penalty area (4 pens minimum)

Wilfried doesn't dive. He's the best player in the league by a country mile, which is why he gets fouled so much. If El-Abd/Upson/Bruno/Bridge don't try to save embarrassment by fouling him in the box, you won't concede any penalties.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This season perhaps, other than the 5-0, we haven't had any luck coming into games against you.

I assume you're playing tomorrow because the Barnsley game was rescheduled due to FA Cup clashes? The exact same will happen to us if Millwall beat Blackburn.

Are u kiddo g? The exact same will happen to you but NOT less than 5 days before our game. We had 3 big games in 7 days when u won here which helped u massively. We were dominant til fatigue kicked in 2nd half. The FA helped u there.

Then there's the sending off which although deserved, won u the game there and then. Then we had a sudden 1 wks defensive crisis and ended up without many of our best players playing and our 6th choice left back. Then there's the corner that wasn't and the horrific cheating of Glenn twathead for the pen.

We can also point to the again horrific cheating of wini saga who didn't get touched and dived to win u a pen and another point a selhurst last yr.

Basically you've had a ridiculous amount of luck which has literally handed u points vs us. And once again this game we have less rest, 1 available striker and a ref that hates us. Despite having players close to bans you surprisingly had more penalties given to you than yellow cards in the last 2 home games..

Sour grapes? Not at all. It's all factually true :)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
We can also point to the again horrific cheating of wini saga who didn't get touched and dived to win u a pen and another point a selhurst last yr.

Basically you've had a ridiculous amount of luck which has literally handed u points vs us. And once again this game we have less rest, 1 available striker and a ref that hates us. Despite having players close to bans you surprisingly had more penalties given to you than yellow cards in the last 2 home games..

Sour grapes? Not at all. It's all factually true :)

Just seems like excuses to me.
I hope you're not forgetting that Buckley's clear dive in the box was the only reason you got a point.

Even if you were to take this apparent luck into account, you must admit that in each of the games we have been the better team on the day/night.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Just seems like excuses to me.
I hope you're not forgetting that Buckley's clear dive in the box was the only reason you got a point.

Even if you were to take this apparent luck into account, you must admit that in each of the games we have been the better team on the day/night.

Conveniently forgetting Zaha's 'clear' dive I see? :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Half of that is nothing to do with luck.

Bridge has always been somewhat prone to injury. The fact that he misses a game on occasion should come as no surprise.

Also, Dunk getting sent off in the first 10 minutes pretty much saved you from going 1-0 down. It was a ridiculous tackle to make and was a clear red card, it's not unlucky it's just stupid play.

You have to play on Tuesday because you have a game in hand over us. That meant you had a larger gap between games at some point earlier in the season, were you lucky then?

Wilfried doesn't dive. He's the best player in the league by a country mile, which is why he gets fouled so much. If El-Abd/Upson/Bruno/Bridge don't try to save embarrassment by fouling him in the box, you won't concede any penalties.

The fact you're a palace fan means nothing in the fact that u literally know nothing about football. How the he'll has us having a few days extra for a game over Xmas have any bearing on our game Sun? It doesn't. Now correct me if I'm wrong but this thread isn't to do with palace it's started off as a thread about a ref for our game coming up. Now off u waddle, having destroyed ANOTHER thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here