Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ref & VAR for Semi-Final

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Are there are candidates in the current crop who are considered ok/good?
Some marginally less useless than others maybe.

I like Andy Madley personally. Many years reffing in tn the Championship, before being promoted to the EPL list.

He has proved to be a lucky referee for us too.

Then again so was Stuart Attwell until yesterday . . .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’ve sent it to the one I was sent earlier. Wish me luck 👍 I was undecided whether to call him Howey but went with the more formal option:

Dear Howard

I trust you are well and enjoying the new role. It must be difficult for you watching every week with some of the errors being made. I’ve noticed you’ve had to apologise to Brighton and Hove Albion 3 times already this season, and the club seem to have dozens of wrong and poor decisions aimed at them. I’m sure this is purely coincidence of course and the fact it tends to happen against ‘big 6’ clubs is also purely coincidence. However I’m keen to offer my services as I believe in karma and luck evening itself out and am happy to make sure none of the current incompetent lads keep making the same mistakes.

My Offer:

I’d like to offer to referee all of the remaining Brighton and Hove Albion’s matches at first team level. Now a bit about me and my promises to you to improve (not keep) the integrity of your team:

1) I qualified as a referee in 2003 so that bits covered.

2) I am willing to only have 4 pints of cider before each game instead of 5 (one at half time pre poured so I can check the scores of the other games without waiting)

3) My eyes are of an ok level. I wear glasses for driving and watching tv and am happy to wear contact lenses at your expense.

4) I won’t need a mic etc or lines-people (note my non sexism there Howard - you should be thinking ‘good bloke’ by now). I’m happy to make the decision on my own.

5) I’ll take the same wage as the lads currently doing a great job for the other 19 teams*

I hope you will consider my proposal and I feel it will really help with the current set up and fairness of the premier league. I can assure you there will be no (ZERO) more apologies needed to Brighton & Hove Albion FC - as it must be getting quite embarrassing by now.

* Great job means less than 10 bad decisions per club

Please do let me know your response to my offer. I look forward to a great working relationship in the future.

Thanks Howard.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Howard Webb was infamously biased towards Manure.

We go just for the day out.
I managed to book tickets that will give me full sun for the game so some factor 15 and a nice G and T* and I'll tan while having a lovely sleep.

*I can bring a flask, isn't it?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
This may sound a bit off the wall , but I genuinely think VAR should be operated (out sourced) to a group who is totally unrelated to PGMOL. At least it would avoid the obvious conflict of interest of mates having to make decisions to contradict or back up their mates. I suspect VAR worked well in World Cup because the VAR operatives didn’t personally know the refs on the field and were more objective.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This may sound a bit off the wall , but I genuinely think VAR should be operated (out sourced) to a group who is totally unrelated to PGMOL. At least it would avoid the obvious conflict of interest of mates having to make decisions to contradict or back up their mates. I suspect VAR worked well in World Cup because the VAR operatives didn’t personally know the refs on the field and were more objective.
It worked well because there were no English VAR assistants working on it. Even FIFA aren't that stupid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m going to buy a half’n’half scarf and clap when McTom-a-thug does a lap of honour.
Don't you still have yours from 83?

I managed to get Chris Ramsey to singe one end, and Norman Whiteside to singe the other.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I think appointing Chris McCausland to officiate could potentially be more hilarious (and accurate) than the VAR sh1t show we’ve experienced thus far

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can I have 6 pints first and not leave the centre circle
I think you'll find it's somewhat frowned upon to take a pee (no matter how desperate the beer-induced need) in the centre circle. Could lead to some ribald comments from the thousands in the stands, wouldn't you think?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think you'll find it's somewhat frowned upon to take a pee (no matter how desperate the beer-induced need) in the centre circle. Could lead to some ribald comments from the thousands in the stands, wouldn't you think?
f*** em I’ll just do it out the side with a lot of splash on my premier league referees badge on the shorts 🤷🏻‍♂️

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With us getting our 3rd apology from the PGMOL this season, who would you want in the middle and on VAR for the semi-final, bearing in mind whoever it is they are unlikely to do the final when we get through
Referee Gary Neville, Assistant Roy Keane, VAR Sir Alex Ferguson - just get it over with, no messing or pretence!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here