Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp's post-match comments - in denial?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Two chances, as I later casually mentioned to Harry :D

uty5unys.jpg

Why bother painting half your face white, if you can't be bothered to paint the other half blue?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I thought they had three or four individuals who were a class apart. Hoilett, Morrisson, Barton et al. But they didn't create a lot and 2nd half there was little in the game for either side. Before we scored it looked like it had 0-0 written all over it....

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
"I thought that was as good as we've played all season...for 80 minutes we completely controlled and dominated the game, it was like there was only one team in it, I don't think Rob Green's had a shot to save, it was...you know... we just couldn't score."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA OH & HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA WWWAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN KEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!! :wanker:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Probably already said but to be the better team on the night you need to score more goals. Our defence and keeper won us that game. Yes they had more possession but their shots were mainly long range due to solid defending. We took what little chances we had and beat them hands down. We have had many games where we have had similar stats to QPR.

SORRY arry but no sympathy here

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He might just get his wish.
I think QPR are too good for that to happen.

I think it's more likely that Derby will end up seventh than QPR. We are only 9 behind them with a game in hand and another 11 to play on top of that. But Derby have forgotten how to score and just at the wrong time - their next 3 fixtures are Reading away, Forest at home, then Ipswich away!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Did anyone catch 'arry's post match interview on Saturday? It went along the lines of:

"Look we're third in the table now which is a great position, we shipped out 18 players over the summer"

Absolutely TEXTBOOK, all it needed was "bare bones".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think QPR are too good for that to happen.

I think it's more likely that Derby will end up seventh than QPR. We are only 9 behind them with a game in hand and another 11 to play on top of that. But Derby have forgotten how to score and just at the wrong time - their next 3 fixtures are Reading away, Forest at home, then Ipswich away!

Another 0-0 on Saturday at Reading.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Did anyone catch 'arry's post match interview on Saturday? It went along the lines of:

"Look we're third in the table now which is a great position, we shipped out 18 players over the summer"

No mention of how many he's brought in then? The shipping out arguement would hold a bit more water if they'd made a poor start to the season - they didn't.

Still his mates in the press will lap it up. It's all still Mark Hughes fault isn't it. That'll be the Mark Hughes whose unfashionable Stoke side who came from behind to beat West Ham 3-1 at the weekend....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No mention of how many he's brought in then? The shipping out arguement would hold a bit more water if they'd made a poor start to the season - they didn't.

Still his mates in the press will lap it up. It's all still Mark Hughes fault isn't it. That'll be the Mark Hughes whose unfashionable Stoke side who came from behind to beat West Ham 3-1 at the weekend....

Yes, he also failed to mention that these 18 players were ones who he didn't want and weren't part of his plan for promotion.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

Yep, I saw it and thought exactly the same. The man is a living cliche always with a ready excuse for failure. Pray for Q.P.R and their "bare bones"

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Yep. It was cringeworthy and vintage Redknapp cliche excuses. The shaking of the head with the gallic style shrug of the shoulders was Mr Teflon at his best.

I thought he claimed he had shipped out 18 players in January though rather than the Summer? Or is he getting 'confused' given his advancing years? Rather like how he'd 'forgotten' Rosie's account in Monaco? ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't have the time or inclination to check out how many players did actually leave QPR in the summer / January.

The BBC website seems to suggest that they are left with a mere THIRTY NINE in a THREADBARE first team squad.

#Pray4Harry

Goalkeepers
1 Green
26 Murphy
Lennox
Defenders
2 Simpson
3 Traore
5 Dunne
6 Hill
13 Yun
15 Onuoha
18 Hughes
21 Young
26 Gnohere
28 Ehmer
37 Sendles-White
39 Assou-Ekotto

Midfielders
4 Morrison
7 Phillips
10 Carroll
11 Wright-Phillips
16 Jenas
17 Barton
19 Kranjcar
20 Henry
22 Ephraim
23 Hoilett
30 Sutherland
32 Faurlin
35 Benayoun
36 O'Neil
Forwards
8 Johnson
9 Austin
12 Keane
14 Doyle
25 Zamora
34 Sharif
40 Maiga
49 Augusto Alves Dellatorre

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I don't have the time or inclination to check out how many players did actually leave QPR in the summer / January.

The BBC website seems to suggest that they are left with a mere THIRTY NINE in a THREADBARE first team squad.

#Pray4Harry

Goalkeepers
1 Green
26 Murphy
Lennox
Defenders
2 Simpson
3 Traore
5 Dunne
6 Hill
13 Yun
15 Onuoha