Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp for England then...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Whilst I'm not a fan of 'Arry we could do a lot worse.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perfect job for him to ease down to retirement a 4 year contract to take into account 1 world cup 1 euro championship and not having to cope with 38/40 games a season. Would leave him more time to go to Sandown races and earn a few pounds before calling it a day completely.

If he is going to do it now is the time from our point of view as it is too soon for Gus to go to Spurs, I think

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Redknapp reminds me of Terry Venables, a players manager. I have no doubt he would get the best out of the current England squad. I can see the players WANTING to play for him if that makes sense?

Get him in.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Redknapp reminds me of Terry Venables, a players manager. I have no doubt he would get the best out of the current England squad. I can see the players WANTING to play for him if that makes sense?

Get him in.

Whilst I dont like him and think theres better managers out there than him who would want the job i totally agree that the players would want him there more than any other manager. So for the sake of a happy camp, I would rather him that Capello going forward

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I'd like him to get the job. He does seem to get the best out of players, even those he hasn't paid a fortune for. I think the job will suit him and the FA.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I would love it, absolutely love it if they sacked Capello now and installed Harry straight away. I can understand why there would be more logical reasons for doing it at the end of the season, not least the risk of appeal by Capello of unfair dismissal and the costs the FA would have to pay, but there would be a definite boost to the players confidence and performance and when better than in the lead up to a major tournament. Surely that's the important thing? Come on FA, do the right thing.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Get him in.

What he said!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I heard a rumour a couple of months back that 'arry was to be offered the England job on a part time basis (to allow him to stay at spurs) and that Spurs had agreed to this. Yes I laughed long and hard too :)

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
For Harry, England & St.George! Get him in now. Houghton to Spurs, Gus to stay with us. Harry might not of won much, but would be the best motivator & man manager England have ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i find it curious that everyone assumes he'd want to take the job right now. if Spurs qualifyfor Euro, i reckon he'd want another crack at doing a run there. however if he did want to leave on a high...

this. he'd do good job.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I would even so far as to say give Harry the job now - even if it's part time for now. Capello needs to go now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Has Redknapp ever done anything impressive as a manager without spending tonnes of cash? Genuine question.

Getting Spurs to third in the table after spending 5 million in the Summer and making a 16 million profit is pretty impressive.

I hate the man but he is a good manage.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As much as I don't like it, Redknapp will be the next England manager. Unfortunately, he is the people's choice, much like Keegan was so the FA don't really have a choice. If they appoint anyone else, they will always have Redknapp thrown back in their face. Still not sure exactly how he was found innocent. The account exists and the payments were made and no tax was paid on them so exactly how did he get off.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Still not sure exactly how he was found innocent. The account exists and the payments were made and no tax was paid on them so exactly how did he get off.

From the Beeb:

"THE DEFENCE

Neither Redknapp nor Mandaric disputed they had argued about the bonus to which Redknapp claimed he was entitled to following the sale of Crouch. They also accepted that an account had been set up in Monaco - Rosie47, named after Redknapp's dog. But both Mandaric and Redknapp told the jury that the money was an investment, not a bonus.

The two men had become close friends and Mandaric, a very successful businessman, had wanted to show his manager how to make his money work more effectively. It was coincidence, they said, that the timing of the investment was close to the sale of Crouch. Redknapp and his wife were free for a couple of days towards the end of the season and had decided to fly to Monaco."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16927972

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
From the Beeb:

"THE DEFENCE

Neither Redknapp nor Mandaric disputed they had argued about the bonus to which Redknapp claimed he was entitled to following the sale of Crouch. They also accepted that an account had been set up in Monaco - Rosie47, named after Redknapp's dog. But both Mandaric and Redknapp told the jury that the money was an investment, not a bonus.

The two men had become close friends and Mandaric, a very successful businessman, had wanted to show his manager how to make his money work more effectively. It was coincidence, they said, that the timing of the investment was close to the sale of Crouch. Redknapp and his wife were free for a couple of days towards the end of the season and had decided to fly to Monaco."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16927972

Was there also a suggestion that the amount involved was coincidentally similar to the balance of any bonus allegedly owed following the sale of Crouch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here