[Albion] Reda Khadra

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Thats the Problem with Potter, he ticks all the boxes, he just doesn't get enough wins. Will he learn? I hope so.

Perhaps the grand plan is to keep this young squad together regardless and so when the average age is 30, they will be really experienced?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Was really pleased he got some game time as I'm keen to follow his development.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We need to cash out on that one. It'll be a big financial loss. We'll be lucky to get anywhere near half what we paid for him.

This is probably going off on a tangent for this thread, but seems too small a point to start its own thread. He scored a couple of goals last season, one got us a point v Chelsea, another set us on the way for a 2-0 win v Bournemouth. He has contributed to keeping us in the premier league, leading to more of that sweet sweet TV money for another year. So would it really be such a big financial loss? The same applies to most of the players that played a part in keeping us up, even if we make a loss on transfers, they will have offset that with the money that comes from keeping us up.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Good doppelgänger spotted by my son

AD7605D9-65A0-40F9-8D66-FCB11649E19C.jpeg

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I hope Reda wasn't planning on saving the Argus match report as a permanent memento of his professional debut (and career highlight to date):-

1234.jpg

He looked to have a bit of speed which was pleasing

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He looked sharp, fast and determined. I've always been a big fan of Jahanbakhsh but I have to say this kid looked better in his short cameo than Alireza has done recently. I have been very disappointed by the lack of gametime he's had but also said that he needs to do more with the minutes he had.

If I had a straight choice between Jahanbakhsh and Khadra for Leeds, I would have to go with the latter.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
How does one become a "big fan" of Jahanbakhsh ?

Asking for a friend.

The video highlights are fantastic and we chased him for 3 years. I fully bought into the thread tracking his movements. I've been wanting him to succeed and I'm convinced beyond doubt that there's a player in there. He has shown flashes, albeit too infrequent. I'm resigned to him being one of the greatest disappointments in our history but I still believe in his ability.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The video highlights are fantastic and we chased him for 3 years. I fully bought into the thread tracking his movements. I've been wanting him to succeed and I'm convinced beyond doubt that there's a player in there. He has shown flashes, albeit too infrequent. I'm resigned to him being one of the greatest disappointments in our history but I still believe in his ability.

On board with what you say. But he has been an expensive abject failure, so I am a long, long way from being a big fan. Time for us to cash our chips, get whatever we can for him and kick him off our payroll.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Have you forgotten Locadia?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
On board with what you say. But he has been an expensive abject failure, so I am a long, long way from being a big fan. Time for us to cash our chips, get whatever we can for him and kick him off our payroll.

You're being far harsher on him than I'm prepared to be. I don't think he fits Potter's vision but I'm not a fan of Potter's vision. If I had to chose which one I'd keep, it wouldn't be the manager.

Have you forgotten Locadia?

I'm trying very hard to. I would assume the scouts are as well. I was not impressed by his highlight reel, or anything we've seen from him. He was, to steal Easy's phrase, an expensive abject failure we need to kick off our payroll.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're being far harsher on him than I'm prepared to be. I don't think he fits Potter's vision but I'm not a fan of Potter's vision. If I had to chose which one I'd keep, it wouldn't be the manager.

He didn't exactly tear it up under Hughton either. I think he's had enough opportunity now to stake a claim under 2 managers, but he just doesn't look up to it. Flashes of talent, but nowhere near enough to sustain or justify a regular slot in the team. He's Championship level at best, but given what he'd be on wages-wise I can't see many taking a punt. Which will make him very difficult to bin off, unfortunately (as he's still got 2.5 years on his contract).

Our best bet is to palm him off on loan somewhere and hope they'll cover 50% of his wages.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015

He was terrific in the world cup - and I was convinced that he was going to be a really good PL player, particularly because of his pace - but you never know what can happen, players don't settle, nagging minor injuries, etc and once you get classed as a bust then it is hard to shake it. At some point he will move on and will probably do a decent job for whoever he joins.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He was terrific in the world cup - and I was convinced that he was going to be a really good PL player, particularly because of his pace - but you never know what can happen, players don't settle, nagging minor injuries, etc and once you get classed as a bust then it is hard to shake it. At some point he will move on and will probably do a decent job for whoever he joins.

This had me lol-ing and spitting out my Tetley's. You cannot be serious. You watched him being subbed and coming on as sub in the 3 group games? Surely a wind up.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He didn't exactly tear it up under Hughton either. I think he's had enough opportunity now to stake a claim under 2 managers, but he just doesn't look up to it. Flashes of talent, but nowhere near enough to sustain or justify a regular slot in the team. He's Championship level at best, but given what he'd be on wages-wise I can't see many taking a punt. Which will make him very difficult to bin off, unfortunately (as he's still got 2.5 years on his contract).

Our best bet is to palm him off on loan somewhere and hope they'll cover 50% of his wages.

Did anyone tear anything up under Hughton? I'm not arguing with you. I think that ultimately it's up to a player to his take his chance, or not. I don't feel Jahanbakhsh has done enough but I remain in favour of the man. I live in hope that he can still come good but there doesn't seem to be much sign of it happening.

I have no doubt that whoever he plays for next will use him better than us, and get a lot more out of him. He's not a bad player, we're not a bad team and this isn't a bad place to play your football. But something has stopped him and a number of others from being a success at this level. Others have done, but Ali J hasn't and I would argue the list of failures exceeds the list of successes.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Why was i thinking Khadra was Polish, surprised when i realised he was German. Strong looking youngster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports