[Albion] Reda Khadra

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mitoma has the same amount of international goals in 8 games as Khadra has in 32 Championship games.

Some of the comparisons on this forum are absolutely mental. Mitoma is quite clearly a much better overall footballer than Khadra.

7 in 27 in the Belgian first division against 5 in 32 in the Championship is a rather better criterion for comparison than using international stats against some teams of questionable opposition. Slightly in favour of Mitoma, but hardly the 'much better overall' accolade, especially as Mitoma is quite a bit older.
Regardless of how much there may or may not be between them, I too would have quite liked to see Mitoma getting a season in the Championship to acclimatise to English football - but the club's decided to keep him here; fine - hope he gets some game time and excels.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Khadra isn’t and will never be a top 10 premier league player. He’s a great attacking player but final ball is dodgy and defensively needs a lot of work

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
7 in 27 in the Belgia first division against 5 in 32 in the Championship is a rather better criterion for comparison than using international stas against some teams of questionable opposition. Slightly in favour of Mitoma, but hardly the 'much better overall' accolade, especially as Mitoma is quite a bit older.
Regardless of how much there may or may not be between them, I too would have quite liked to see Mitoma getting a season in the Championship to acclimatise to English football - but the club's decided to keep him here; fine - hope he gets some game time and excels.

Yeah, that's fair. It was only because he'd just scored internationally and it was in my mind. 4 of his 5 goals have been against teams going to the World Cup so I don't think it's been quite as weak competition as some are suggesting although I concede the point that none of them are world beaters.

I'd argue the fact he took the piss out of Newcastle when given a proper chance shows he's ready for the Premier League. I think he's one of the players who could really shine under De Zerbi. We can talk about his goals being lucky or bad keeping, but a player who has the knack of scoring jammy goals is something we need. I'll take someone scoring 10+ scruffy goals over a striker who scores 8 worldies.

I just don't see Khadra as having the end product or footballing IQ to ever be a top, top footballer.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Solomon Islands qualify from OFC, not AFC.

Thank you for proving my point that you don't know what you're talking about :wink:

Are you seriously going to stand by your original point that you ‘know’ Mitoma is ‘better’ than Khadra as he’s scored some goals against a very questionable level of opposition in both Belgium and at international level ?

Don’t get me wrong here, Mitoma excites me as a player, but he’s very light weight and it’s ridiculous to suggest he’s better than a player who’s handled the rigours of the championship ... especially based on his goals at international level, a pretty average performance in the league cup and about 5 mins off the bench in the PL.

You’re seemingly judging this on a few grainy vids of Mitoma scoring against some poor international teams and five mins against Newcastle... I’m basing this on knowing a Blackburn fan and being related to a Sheff Utd fan - the latter of which watched Khadra destroy the Blades last season and is delighted to have signed him.

Lest we forget that Khadra had a decent outing off the bench away at Man City I believe, people got a bit excited about him... I’m not convinced we’ll see Mitoma much this season - although we’ll probs see more of him than Undav...

My original point that there’s not much between them, well I stand by it :)

It’s all academic anyway, as Khadra is seemingly off.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Khadra is an excellent athlete, but I'm not convinced he has the footballing brain to ever be a top quality footballer.

An exciting player sure, but he's basically the next Adama Traore. There's a reason the club seem quite happy to let him go.

Quite the opposite, I think his consistent fitness issues are one of the reasons that Brighton don't see any future for him in the club.

Dortmund also let him go despite him being regarded as one of their bigger talents at that point.

More to it than meets the eye, I think.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Quite the opposite, I think his consistent fitness issues are one of the reasons that Brighton don't see any future for him in the club.

Dortmund also let him go despite him being regarded as one of their bigger talents at that point.

I agree with this - which I believe is why he was sent to Blackburn under Sgt. Slaughter (Mowbray), to get fitter and sharper ... but looking at him in the pre-season montages he looked a little hefty again... it’s a shame as I think he could flourish... it’ll be very interesting to watch him IF he returns to the PL with sheff utd.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Are you seriously going to stand by your original point that you ‘know’ Mitoma is ‘better’ than Khadra as he’s scored some goals against a very questionable level of opposition in both Belgium and at international level ?

Don’t get me wrong here, Mitoma excites me as a player, but he’s very light weight and it’s ridiculous to suggest he’s better than a player who’s handled the rigours of the championship ... especially based on his goals at international level, a pretty average performance in the league cup and about 5 mins off the bench in the PL.

You’re seemingly judging this on a few grainy vids of Mitoma scoring against some poor international teams and five mins against Newcastle... I’m basing this on knowing a Blackburn fan and being related to a Sheff Utd fan - the latter of which watched Khadra destroy the Blades last season and is delighted to have signed him.

Lest we forget that Khadra had a decent outing off the bench away at Man City I believe, people got a bit excited about him... I’m not convinced we’ll see Mitoma much this season - although we’ll probs see more of him than Undav...

I was hoping the wink in that last message would show it was tongue in cheek. Oh well.

I’m basing my opinions on both Mitoma and Khadra on the times I’ve watched them play, rather than basing my opinion on what somebody else thinks of them. Your original point was we should have kept him and loaned out Mitoma. I don’t get the notion that Mitoma needs a loan in the championship when large swathes of our squad haven’t played there, but each to their own.

As I said, Khadra reminds me of Adama Traore. Currently he’s the kind of player who you watch play against your team and think he’s a complete menace, but if you watched him week out you’d get tired of him blazing 90% of his crosses in to Row Z. You disagree because your mate said so. Not much more to it.

I don’t think his injury problems help, but I went out of my way to watch a few Blackburn games due to him and Van Hecke and my impression every time was a footballer who is both fast, strong & can beat a man. However his final ball was pretty consistently lacking. It might improve with time, but he’s almost certainly not at that level yet and may never be.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Mitoma has done enough to convince you of his quality now I'm guessing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports