Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

recommendations for a nice weekend away...

lastyboy

Jan 26, 2012
Lewes East Sussex
not in this country but i can highly recommend krakow for a nice weekend break. very historic with a stunning old old town square, castle looking over the river. lots of good restaurants which do great food and very cheap. also a day trip to Auschwitz is a real eye opener. can probably get flights and hotel for £120-£150pp :)

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
March....pop over here to Cheltenham for a day at the Festival:thumbsup:

then back for Palace on the sunday

Failing that i'd 100% agree with Bath - cracking place

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm liking all the suggestions for Bath. I'd heartily recommend that too. Unfortuntely when I told my girlfriend i'd booked us a weekend away in Bath I think she misunderstood.... bathroom.......sobbing........heavily.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I've been to Gareth Barry Island for a romantic weekend. Always end up sticking it in the wrong end though

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Shrewsbury is nice, I had a great weekend there, looks a bit like lewes but with out antique shops on every corner, and the people don't seem to have their heads up their arse's :thumbsup:

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Don't know how far you want to drive, but both York and Chester are very nice

My nan lives near York, in a town called Thirsk, me and the mrs go up and stay in her house when she comes down here to see my mum. beautiful place. with Leeds, York and Harrogate (to mention a few) all near by your spoilt for choice with history/architecture and if you choose, completely remote and idyllic.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I took the missus for a lovely City Break to the Hilton in Liverpool last year.

I couldn't believe our luck when I found out Brighton were playing Liverpool that weekend.......and I just happened to have tickets!

What are the chances...............?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We're going there in a couple of weeks.

Any tips?

- - - Updated - - -

Stratford upon Avon.

I take it you mean Bruges for tips? Well park the car up and stroll about. There's plenty to see, go on the canals or one of the pony and traps. The food is great with loads of choice added to which some stunning beers. It's very romantic and the name " Venice of the North" very apt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here