Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

recommendations for a nice weekend away...

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Well I'm thinking that me & better half deserve a short weekend break!

Not got much dosh and ideally somewhere you can drive there and back easily in a weekend so have time to enjoy the place with an overnight stay on Saturday night.
Preferably in this country.. Likely to be in March. Perhaps a bit of history, a bit romantic... :)

Any recommendations?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't know how far you want to drive, but both York and Chester are very nice

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Bath, Cambridge and Oxford all good.

If you could use the train there is always London.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Can highly recommend Bath.

Only problem is that it is too popular, and thus gets very busy and you usually have to book for two nights (Fri and Sat) in most hotels and B&B's

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Well I'm thinking that me & better half deserve a short weekend break!

Not got much dosh and ideally somewhere you can drive there and back easily in a weekend so have time to enjoy the place with an overnight stay on Saturday night.
Preferably in this country.. Likely to be in March. Perhaps a bit of history, a bit romantic... :)

Any recommendations?

Brighton

Edit Beaten to it

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
thanks for all the ideas!
Please keep them coming, but Brighton is too close, think I'd get an odd look if I suggested that!....

:)

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
A couple of years ago we rented a cottage on the south-west part of the Isle of Wight, off the beaten track so away from the main tourist areas, only a few hundred metres from the beach. Lovely.

- - - Updated - - -

You look at the fixture list and you choose somewhere nice nearby. Simple.

I had arranged a weekend away with Mrs T in Blackpool for just this reason, only for a wedding invite to arrive and spoil our plans.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bruges easy drive to the tunnel and not far the other side. Great place for a weekend. Not in this country but hay-ho

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
The Wroxton House hotel in Wroxton, near Banbury was voted 17th best hotel for 2012 by TripAdvisor customers. I highly recommend it as we spent 3 nights there between Christmas and New Year. Food is absolutely superb and there are two pubs within 5 minutes walk. Not too far to drive either.
http://www.bw-wroxtonhousehotel.co.uk/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here