Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Really stupid things you did as a teenager

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Almost off the scale for stupidity; when I was about 13-14 me and a few mates were out one night causing general mischief we found a big cupboard left outside someones house. We then carried it about half an hour all the way to the seafront at Saltdean and lobbed it over the cliff. It was only seconds after we heard the huge crash when it landed we looked at each other and thought 'what a ****ing stupid thing to do - what if it landed on someone.' We sprinted down to the undercliff - luckily no one was in sight/hurt by the impact. It had literally shattered everywhere if anyone had been under it they would have been pulverised. For that minute running down to check I was absolutely bricking it - had images of the borstal scenes from Scum and Sleepers running through my cannister.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think I should just cut a paste me response to the "What's the biggest risk you've ever taken?" Thread

so see my previous answers.

1: (Does not count I was 39.
2: going to palace on my own 84 at the tender age of 15
3: walking back into a night club to confront nazi scooter boys who had beaten up all my other scooter club mates and the bouncers because I did not want the fear of them chasing me and getting me at a later date....
4: using a footbridge over a dual cartridge way in Stoke as monkey bars whilst drunk.... I did get across four lanes God knows how.
5: driving home drunk after a gig in Derby back to Manchester, the scary part was we (yes passengers) woke up in Penrith !!

actually thinking about how reckless I was I will put in at number 1 this, we just don't know how stupid and lucky we have been do we....1: Having unprotected sex with ladies.

Honestly, I've got to give you credit for #3. Risky but definitely takes some balls.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I was WALKING along the UNDERPASS one evening as a TEENAGER with a mate when a CUPBOARD appeared out of NOWHERE and missed me by an INCH or so, my MATE was convinced it was a DELIBERATE act but I thought it was a REALLY stupid thing to do as I could have been WEARING a cupboard as a HAT if I hadn't been NIMBLE and jumped out of the way.

After all this TIME I'd still LOVE to get my hands on the STUPID idiot who TOSSED it off

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Seriously, I left school and went to Brighton Technical College to study engineering. All my mates had gone to Varndean and were having a high old time whilst I was in a class with about 20 Malaysians, a couple of other Asians and one other English bloke; we even had to do a couple of sessions of basic English to get them up to standard. I hated it but rather than speak to the tutors and try and transfer to Varndean, I stopped going and after a few weeks I got thrown out.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Didn't take a job offer for what'd have had me as a very early staff member (second after the founders) of what is now a multi billion dollar company. Because I was making more working in BT and DJing on weekends. Oops.

I now occasionally see one of the founders tagging himself on his private Facebook profile with random luminaries; including karaoke with Zuckerberg and his wife.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Didn't take a job offer for what'd have had me as a very early staff member (second after the founders) of what is now a multi billion dollar company. Because I was making more working in BT and DJing on weekends. Oops.

I now occasionally see one of the founders tagging himself on his private Facebook profile with random luminaries; including karaoke with Zuckerberg and his wife.

Nah, don't beat yourself up over that...

Who's to say you would not have liked it, or got sacked, or not handled the pressure of starting a new Buisness long hours etc, etc...

You had fun being a dj and the perks of the jobs eh.... I bet....

Who the feck wants to go do karaoke with Zuckerberg ! Not me looks a right pleb, give me a few pints at the Amex a victory, and out on the town watching bands or a club every time.... Far more interesting than talking about portfolios.... Money does not make a man or better ones life experiences....

Hope that cheered you up a bit.....

I don't mean a word of the above you muppet..... Zuckerberg

You plankton.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Vote for Thatcher - can anyone top this?

Yes I can top that

I used to share a flat with 2 gorgeous looking blond women that I worked with (Everyone used to refer to our house as Robin's Nest)

Each year as I worked for a very large organisation we had about 4 separate Christmas Parties

One year Kim and Lorraine went to the same one but mine was on a separate evening, so I went to bed early that night.

At 2am I was awakened by these two beautiful blonde women pissed out of their heads jumping on top of me screaming ''wake up wake up we want to have a party''

I woke up and said ''**** off, yer pissed get to bed'' - Therein lies the regret

Now imagine the reactions of people the next day when I was telling them the story about waking up in the middle of the night with two gorgeous blondes jumping about on my bed

I think the most memorable response I recall was ''You always were a little ****ing lying basturd

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not watching Wolfgang Petersen's Das Boot when it was on TV. Of the 40,000 men who served on U-Boats in WWII, less than 10,000 survived. An incredible statistic.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yes I can top that

I used to share a flat with 2 gorgeous looking blond women that I worked with (Everyone used to refer to our house as Robin's Nest)

Each year as I worked for a very large organisation we had about 4 separate Christmas Parties

One year Kim and Lorraine went to the same one but mine was on a separate evening, so I went to bed early that night.

At 2am I was awakened by these two beautiful blonde women pissed out of their heads jumping on top of me screaming ''wake up wake up we want to have a party''

I woke up and said ''**** off, yer pissed get to bed'' - Therein lies the regret

Now imagine the reactions of people the next day when I was telling them the story about waking up in the middle of the night with two gorgeous blondes jumping about on my bed

I think the most memorable response I recall was ''You always were a little ****ing lying basturd

Given the Ched Evans debate you probably made a wise choice.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Nah, don't beat yourself up over that...

Who's to say you would not have liked it, or got sacked, or not handled the pressure of starting a new Buisness long hours etc, etc...

You had fun being a dj and the perks of the jobs eh.... I bet....

Who the feck wants to go do karaoke with Zuckerberg ! Not me looks a right pleb, give me a few pints at the Amex a victory, and out on the town watching bands or a club every time.... Far more interesting than talking about portfolios.... Money does not make a man or better ones life experiences....

Hope that cheered you up a bit.....

I don't mean a word of the above you muppet..... Zuckerberg

You plankton.

I think I'd have taken the cash after the value went up and spent it wildly, rather than doing karaoke with Zuckerberg. Was just an example of the cash level they've got to :(

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
................... but was guilty of a fondle with my mates mum on her 40th birthday.

I'm sorry but you can't just leave it like that. The questions I certainly want answered are:

1. What exactly was fondled and by whom?
2. Was the fondling through cloth or was it direct contact?
3. Was there any visual exposure undertaken by either party?
4. What were the dynamics of your relationship with your mate's mum in the days / months / years following? (ie exchange of knowing glances or pretending it had never happened etc)
5. Have you seen your mates mum recently and if so how old is she now, has she aged well and would you still...?
6. Did your mate ever find out?
7. Was she married at the time to your mate's dad?
8. Were any bodily fluids exchanged and if so which ones?
8. Have you ever, and do you still use this memory as a stimulus when having a sherman? (not necessarily in Tescos)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When I first saw the thread title I instantly thought of this oldie:-

I defy anyone to out stupid this teenager.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think I'd have taken the cash after the value went up and spent it wildly, rather than doing karaoke with Zuckerberg. Was just an example of the cash level they've got to :(

Aargh but is he happy.....

Yeah, probably smug aswel eh, ah well never mind next life and all that ......

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Given the Ched Evans debate you probably made a wise choice.

That's true but it was about 35 years ago, the Ched Evans scenarios/circumstances were not looked on favourably from a womens point of view, way back then.

To be honest I know I did the right thing but is always a brilliant funny story that all 3 of us always talk about when we meet up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here