Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Really, Potter has to go ?

Ban fans from having opinions about managers because we’re all thin skinned snowflakes

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Timmy was/is on BrightonAndHoveNews not BrightonAndHoveIndependent I think.

Ah! Just looked at that site, it is more modern, but more like what I remember it being. Cheers. In that case I take back what I said about the brighton and hove independent, and apologise for even suggesting they would let Timmy work there.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Presumably rattled off in a foul mood straight after Palace (which, viewed objectively, was actually a pretty decent performance and an absolute mugging). Way off the mark with this article I think.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Keith Andrews summoning up well on my stream, has spoke to GP he said he didn’t get the windows he wanted and needs to bring players in to play how he wants to. Not moaning just know what he wants.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty has an opinion. Hardly that controversial as lots of people on here were saying the same this week before we got a point at Wolves and now Potter is a master magician again with 1 win in 14 games. No need for the personal insults to him

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harty has an opinion. Hardly controversial as lots of people on here were saying the same this week before we got a point at Wolves and now Potter is a master magician again. No need for the personal insults to him

???

One thing that surprises me about this thread is the relative lack of personal insults, as you put it. 'Mad, staring-eyed weirdy'. That's a personal insult. :shrug:

The reference to 'window licker' and other things are inevitable and fair game. He's a part-time polemicist, and gives the impression he cares more about keeping himself in the limelight than he does about The Albion. Calling for Potter's head is a laughable proposal, and he is being rightly mocked. The fact that he's not much of a writer doesn't help.

And nobody has yet referenced his NSC flounce of a few years ago, his narcissism, and at least two other obvious 'dear oh dear' moments I won't mention, but that many will recall.

So, please, there is no need to rush to protect him as if he is just an anonymous supporter voicing a commonly shared opinion. He's more akin to a low-rent Piers Morgan or Richard Littlejohn, concocting a controversial position for purposes of income.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Entitled!? He is repeating the Chairman and CEO's stated ambition... you, on the other hand, are a fool...

That wasn't our ambition for this season, it was a longer term ambition which they stated would be very hard to achieve.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The only reason given for binning Potter is that he didn’t start Murray against Palace, literally just that in as many words. And even then, there’s no reason why. Bit harsh to sack someone over a single issue like this.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only reason given for binning Potter is that he didn’t start Murray against Palace, literally just that in as many words. And even then, there’s no reason why. Bit harsh to sack someone over a single issue like this.

I had to laugh during yesterday’s game when the commentators made a number of comments about how Murray would definitely be coming on at some stage. Clueless, he wasn’t coming on unless we went behind imo, and even that wasn’t a certainty. They really do seem to think we are still relying on Murray, who has not shone much at all this season, and hasn’t played much

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
In my opinion. If the season finished today it would have been a success. Chris Hughtons' first season we finished 15th, and that was seen as a success as we had never played in the Premier League before.

This is Graham Potters first season that he has managed in the Premier League. He has changed the way we play, and has given a couple of youngsters a chance. That is what the club asked him to do.

If we go down then he should still be given a chance and although its not good financially, it might be good in other ways.

One thing I am proud of is our academy. Last season, this season (and next season if we stay up) I have hoped that as many academy players as possible go on loan to Championship teams (or equivalent) If we did get relegated then for a chunk of those players we would be the perfect Championship team.

I don't want us to be relegated but if we were we have a platform to build on with both Potter and the academy.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He used to be OK but has turned into a “look at me” tier Z ‘celeb’ click seeker whose views are meaningless. Just don’t give it the time of day and definitely don’t click on any of this drivel.

Runs in the family clearly :whistle:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“Much has been made of Graham Potter’s contract extension just before Christmas, according to my sources it came about because a clause was triggered in Potter’s existing contract which came about from Everton making tentative enquiries about the Albion boss after they had parted company with Marco Silva.”

I’ve been pondering this paragraph; how does this work? How exactly does one legally quantify a “tentative enquiry” and how does one protect against its abuse?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here