Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Really, Potter has to go ?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Ian Hart's article in the Brighton & Hove Independent.

sorry if fixtures

Headline: Graham Potter should depart this summer even if Brighton avoid drop.

https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...OQRDIZibD6oWv23zgfTpFyi4RZCwvM28tl0ksbJHvLvJg

Surely headlines and articles like this defeat the object and have the potential to be divisive, I would have thought now is the time to get behind the manager and team.

If Ian Hart talked sense about the Albion, surely he would work for Radio Sussex? oops

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I still believe that if Potter keeps us up we will improve next season, but if we are relegated I would bin him..

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Does it take a Palace fan to tell you that you’re not going down?

FFS it’s Norwich, Bournemouth and Villa looking likely to go down, not your lot.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Terrible article... just trying to get hits... Tony's get behind the team message a great one, and makes Harty look like a tw@t IMHO...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just heading home after watching Brentford v MASSIVE. Brentford played some wonderful stuff and MASSIVE were poor. Very, very poor. I’d still want to see Potter take on the Championship. Promotion would be very difficult but I’ve no doubt at all that we’d be competitive in that division.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just heading home after watching Brentford v MASSIVE. Brentford played some wonderful stuff and MASSIVE were poor. Very, very poor. I’d still want to see Potter take on the Championship. Promotion would be very difficult but I’ve no doubt at all that we’d be competitive in that division.

You do realize how bad relegation would be, right?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

We're meant to be top 10 in the PL not top 10 in the Championship

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Only for TB in fairness, I’d be over by the first game of next season

Are you actually a supporter? Unbelievable naivety

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Fair enough, it's his opinion. His timing is well off though.

It's not though is it? Articles like this are written by people who want to appear ahead of the game, it is akin to the many on here, who say "we're going down... But I hope we don't" that way they can be safe in the knowledge that if we do get relegated, they can say I told you so, and if we don't then "I hoped we wouldn't."

The author of this article is following the same principle...

He knows in reality there is little chance of Potter bring sacked IF we were relegated, but it gives him the opportunity to say, "told you so" - he is also safe in the knowledge that there is a good chance that this time next year we would still be looking over our relegation shoulders (as per half the division), so he can then say, told you so we should have sacked him.

Basically a win win for shit journalism.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I still believe that if Potter keeps us up we will improve next season, but if we are relegated I would bin him..

Interesting logic.
You'd fancy him to improve us in the prem next season, but not to take us back up or at least make us competitive in the Championship?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here