Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Really, Potter has to go ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nobody is being 'entitled'... just saying, as a supporter, I want us to stay up... you are just being a total **** TBH...
[MENTION=99]B.W.[/MENTION] [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION]

I'm not sure what you are achieving by going 'Argus comments' with each other. It's not as if either of you have a bankrupt intellect.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Does it take a Palace fan to tell you that you’re not going down?

FFS it’s Norwich, Bournemouth and Villa looking likely to go down, not your lot.

I agree.

This time last year we were losing 5-0 to Bournemouth. Out goal difference is far better than those around us, and we’ve gained a point today on 5 teams below us (although Villa are still to play).

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
What a game to see! On 5live they said it could’ve been any score to nil.

Mega spending Massive falling apart .... happy days.

Damn good luck on my part to catch Brentford on a very good day but they were a sight to see coming forward. Very enjoyable and could genuinely have been seven or eight. Massive, on the other hand, were woeful. I'm sure we're all really upset about that, aren't we? :D

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
You do realize how bad relegation would be, right?

No, I really don't. It would be dreadful for Mr Bloom and his long term plans but it doesn't necessarily follow that it will be equally grim for supporters. I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon of Championship football and it reminded me how much I (and I suspect most of us) enjoyed our time there.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
While I would never agree with it, I would understand if people want him to go if Brighton is relegated.

But if another PL season is secured, then it would just be utterly stupid (and wont happen).

You bring in Potter to make major changes to the club: if he survives this difficult first season and then get fired before you can even smell the true fruit of tactical & physical periodization, development of young players and a more sustainable way of playing football (defensive focus gets you nowhere in the long run) that matches the way the academy is training their players... that would just be nonsense.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree.

This time last year we were losing 5-0 to Bournemouth. Out goal difference is far better than those around us, and we’ve gained a point today on 5 teams below us (although Villa are still to play).

The truth is no one knows, it’s on a knife edge, pure speculation by us all. We haven’t won in months. We now need to beat the likes of Arsenal. We can mock Villa etc, but they might get some critical wins.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I believe you.

What did he write about ... football, politics?

Football. He definitely had a few articles on the Albion on a local brighton news site. It's been a while since I've bothered looking at the site, and clicking the link in the OP it does look a little different, but that could just be a website redesign since it's been that long.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What a terrible article. And I'm not talking about the opinion - although I think it's shite - more the grammar, flow and the random quotes that are chucked into it.

As far as I can tell, he thinks Potter should go because Muzza was left on the bench last week and he changes the team around depending on the opposition... I wonder whether this guff would be posted had that game been against anyone other than Palace? [emoji848]

The team is getting plaudits for playing nice football, Potter is trying to bring a new style to the club and also chucking young players into the mix. No, it's not been great at times, buy did anyone *really* expect anything other than a bottom half finish/ relegation struggle? To throw all that away without really giving it a chance? Madness.

Get a(nother) decent striker in and it's a decent squad. Starting the season with a player at pretty much the end of his career, one at the start and a fella from three championship was always going to be a risk. It's clear where the big problem has been - a lack of goals. No shortage of possession or creating chances (most of the time), but they are just not clinical.

The other thing is that GP is learning on the job too - he's bound to make mistakes. I think he's done enough to warrant being in charge next season - assuming relegation doesn't happen. Even if it did, I'd probably stick with him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They might get some critical wins. By that logic so might we, and they need more than us.

True. My point is that it’s all up in the air.

The fans who say we’re definitely staying up because Villa, Norwich and Bmuff are all terrible, know no more than those saying we’re effectively relegated.

A couple of; against the run of play/hopeless VAR official wins, for any one of these clubs or us, transforms the survival prospects. I wouldn’t stake my house on Villa and Bmuff definitely being relegated with 9 / 10 matches to play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here