Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistically, what would have to happen in order for....

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Brighton fans NOT to clap the team off at the end of the game?

We seem to have a large percentage of MUGS who go to watch us. At the end of the game today, you've got a sizeable amount of our support applauding the team off. Why? 'Because they'll support us ever more, blah blah blah. Shut up, TFH, support the team, blah, blah, blah.' Come on. I'm desperate for the team to do well, to WIN importnat games like this, but I'm not clapping the team after a pathetic showing devoid of any passion. Today was apalling, applauding after that display devalues applause.

Today was must win and we didn't look bothered.

If the players turned up, walked on the pitch, did a steaming turd in the middle of the centyre circle and then left again, an element of our support would still applaud them as heroes. It's really f***ing sad.

All in all, a shit day.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
the full harris said:
Brighton fans NOT to clap the team off at the end of the game?

We seem to have a large percentage of MUGS who go to watch us. At the end of the game today, you've got a sizeable amount of our support applauding the team off. Why? 'Because they'll support us ever more, blah blah blah. Shut up, TFH, support the team, blah, blah, blah.' Come on. I'm desperate for the team to do well, to WIN importnat games like this, but I'm not clapping the team after a pathetic showing devoid of any passion. Today was apalling, applauding after that display devalues applause.

Today was must win and we didn't look bothered.

If the players turned up, walked on the pitch, did a steaming turd in the middle of the centyre circle and then left again, an element of our support would still applaud them as heroes. It's really f***ing sad.

All in all, a shit day.

So you think that not supporting the team will help them play better? Brilliant.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I do tend to agree with TFH, some teams you see get booed off at half time and they buck the players buck their ideas up in the second half. Obviously we were fine at half time today but the players were awful second half and i am very suprised a larger majority of fans didnt show what they thought of the performance.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
as iv just said on anouther thread i always stay behind and clap them of did so afetr all 12 defeats under coppell/hinch but didn't today stood there and watched.like many others on here i spend money week after week following them around the country.i have to work hard for that money could find plenty of other things to spend it on but choose to spend it on supporting the albion must need my head seeing to

E

enigma

I didnt see the game today, but in all fairness if they didnt put the effort in today I think thats fair enough that people wouldn't want to clap them off.

All I ask is that people give 100%.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: Realistically, what would have to happen in order for....

DJ Leon said:
So you think that not supporting the team will help them play better? Brilliant.

Feel free to read the second paragrpah of my post - it answers your question.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
enigma said:

All I ask is that people give 100%.

Exactly. I know they are not the most gifted players, but we just wanted to see drive, motivation, urgency, spirit, bottle, passion. If a team shows that, everyone will applaud. You can only ask a team to give the try their hardest and they didn't today. Everyone around me was encouraging/supporting the team for the full 90 minutes but after the final whistle has gone and the game has finished I think people are fully entitled to express their discontent. Booing the team off after today's game would have been a perfectly acceptible and understandible reaction in my opinion.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
the full harris said:
Exactly. I know they are not the most gifted players, but we just wanted to see drive, motivation, urgency, spirit, bottle, passion. If a team shows that, everyone will applaud. You can only ask a team to give the try their hardest and they didn't today. Everyone around me was encouraging/supporting the team for the full 90 minutes but after the final whistle has gone and the game has finished I think people are fully entitled to express their discontent. Booing the team off after today's game would have been a perfectly acceptible and understandible reaction in my opinion.

That is just it. Your opinion.
If other people want to applaud then who are you to call them mugs?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
the full harris said:
Someone who isn't a mug!

That is your opinion. You support or boo your way and leave others to do it their way.
Live and let live.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Yorkie said:
That is your opinion. You support or boo your way and leave others to do it their way.
Live and let live.

Whatever are you banging on about? Was it the word MUG that has upset you?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
the full harris said:
Whatever are you banging on about? Was it the word MUG that has upset you?

I am not upset. I am pointing out that you are calling other people mugs for reacting in a different way to you. Different people react differently. That doesn't make you right or them wrong.
I wasn't there today so cannot judge the players.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Yorkie said:
I am not upset. I am pointing out that you are calling other people mugs for reacting in a different way to you. Different people react differently. That doesn't make you right or them wrong.

Ok, well if I merely made the point that applauding a display so lacking in passion and effort as today's second half devalues the point of applause, would that be ok?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
the full harris said:
Ok, well if I merely made the point that applauding a display so lacking in passion and effort as today's second half devalues the point of applause, would that be ok?

I don't know. Maybe you should ask others why they applauded? I just don't think you have the right to call others mugs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yorkie said:

Were you not judging social workers (or similar) the other day. It read to me as though you were doing so based upon news reports. I didn't realise you were there - makes sense now...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
Were you not judging social workers (or similar) the other day. It read to me as though you were doing so based upon news reports. I didn't realise you were there - makes sense now...

I was judging social workers and health visitors based on my experiences as a mother and youth worker.
I don't read newspapers.

the full harris said:
At the end of the game today, you've got a sizeable amount of our support applauding the team off.

Great innit? :) It's called having brilliant loyal fans - sorry it sticks in yer goonish gob :wave: *notsorryatallreally*

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I said 'news reports' - could be newspapers, could also be the web, the radio or the moving television screen.

Anyway, to get this straight - you can't judge players if you're not at a game, but you can judge social and health workers if you have no connection with a particular case and haven't even read newspaper reports about that case?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here