Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic Transfer Targets

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
If Swansea go up how about the forward they have on loan from Chelsea - cannot remember his name but scored again twice at weekend. I'd like to see us get something different if Murray stays, MacKail-Smith not only scores backs of goals but he has a wonderful engine and is very nippy probably quicker than Muzza and Barnes. I think it is time to say goodbye and thanks to Sandaza, Holyrod and Woodie. I'm a fan of McNulty just wondering if we need to get cover with left back if he comes back from fitness, impressed that he wanted to come back and fight for his place. Agree we do need another dominate centre half, it was clear we missed Greer on saturday, Adam has been a revelation this season but think we need another experience campaigner for next season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Not this. Greer is fundamental to the way we play, more so than El-Abd in my opinion.

We will need another footballing centre half, its been very noticeable the goals we have recently let in without Greer in the side, sloppy ones.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
If Swansea go up how about the forward they have on loan from Chelsea - cannot remember his name but scored again twice at weekend. I'd like to see us get something different if Murray stays, MacKail-Smith not only scores backs of goals but he has a wonderful engine and is very nippy probably quicker than Muzza and Barnes. I think it is time to say goodbye and thanks to Sandaza, Holyrod and Woodie. I'm a fan of McNulty just wondering if we need to get cover with left back if he comes back from fitness, impressed that he wanted to come back and fight for his place. Agree we do need another dominate centre half, it was clear we missed Greer on saturday, Adam has been a revelation this season but think we need another experience campaigner for next season.

Fabio Borini ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Somebody mentioned Darious Henderson. I know he wasn't much cop when he was here on loan however he's a lot better now and would make a suitable replacement for Murray if required. Would think that we can afford him.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Somebody mentioned Darious Henderson. I know he wasn't much cop when he was here on loan however he's a lot better now and would make a suitable replacement for Murray if required. Would think that we can afford him.

He is a cart horse and is not the sort of player we want to go for if we are serious about aiming at a top 6 place!

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Simon Davies- cant get a game at Fulham and would move on, you would think.
Kevin Phillilps- wont get another deal at Birmingham or any other Prem club and would have plenty of goals in him in the championship, despite his age.
Ricardo Fuller- Only ever warms the bench at Stoke and comes on for last ten mins.
Josh McEachran-Season long loan from Chelsea.

If Ricardo Fuller comes to us i will give you my house

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
maybe some strong players from the teams that don't go up:
Southampton: Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert, José Fonte
Peterborough:Craig Mackail-Smith, George Boyd
Huddersfield: Anthony Pilkington

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It could well be worth having a look at some players from the relegated trio of Preston, Scunthorpe and Sheffield United. I know there will be a fair amount of dross in their squads but Hume and St Ledger would be good additions from Preston

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
It could well be worth having a look at some players from the relegated trio of Preston, Scunthorpe and Sheffield United. I know there will be a fair amount of dross in their squads but Hume and St Ledger would be good additions from Preston

Excellent shout DFP would happily take St Ledger and Hume would be a strong addition also

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would like to see us go after Jamie O Hara currently on loan from Spurs to Wolves plus if his expected wage allowed it Eider Gudjohnson. Poyet will have contact and knowledge of both. Another one to take and give a trial to is Calum Davenport ex Spurs West Ham central defender who was done for stabbing his sister and her boyfriend and is playing non league in Bedfordshire to get fit again and is then going to look for another league club.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I think he was stabbed by his sister's boyfriend for beating her up - doesn't sound like a particularly pleasant bloke! Signing O'Hara would be a massive result for the club
I would like to see us go after Jamie O Hara currently on loan from Spurs to Wolves plus if his expected wage allowed it Eider Gudjohnson. Poyet will have contact and knowledge of both. Another one to take and give a trial to is Calum Davenport ex Spurs West Ham central defender who was done for stabbing his sister and her boyfriend and is playing non league in Bedfordshire to get fit again and is then going to look for another league club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that it was the other way round as he fell out with his sister and her boyfriend who is/was an undesirable in his eyes but none the less he was a good ball playing central defender who has played at both Premiership and Championship level and could well be an ideal player to partner Greer. Obviously Gus would have to be convinced about his private life but it must be worth offering him a trial .

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Not this. Greer is fundamental to the way we play, more so than El-Abd in my opinion.

We will need another footballing centre half, its been very noticeable the goals we have recently let in without Greer in the side, sloppy ones.

Greers problem is his temper he had the same issues at Swindon and missed the play offs which they failed to win without him, Adam is far better and harder working

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Both Gudjonnson and O'Hara are on comfortably more than 20 grand per week. Massively out of our budget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here