Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic Transfer Targets

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Andy King?

The whole point of this thread was realistic signings, not going to happen.

As to those turning there noses up at League 1 players all of a sudden, Danny Graham, Grant Holt, Morison at Milwall, Billy Sharp, all of them were unproven at Championship level when they made the step up. They turned out ok.

AzzaBHA

Apr 24, 2011
Withdean
Kazengaaaaaaaaaaa ... is a deffo target also that babaralousousou or whatever his name is.. for melbourne roar ..
Micheal owen would also be a good one

One player i have liked all season is ben marshall from Carlisle on loan from somewhere :>)

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
michael owen would be a disaster. He has no hunger for the game any more.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I recon Wickham from Ipswich would be a good signing and hes only 18-19

The thread is called 'Realsitic Transfer Targets'.
Wickham is being courted by Premiership clubs so we have exactly 0.00% chance of signing him even if we could afford the £millions it would take to sign him.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
I'd like to see Jonathon Douglas with us next season. From what we saw today we need to improve a lot if we realistically want to challenge next season. Bring McNulty back as cover for Painter and another right back, maybe another centre back to cover Greer and El-Abd but Dunk showed he was up for it today. Bring KLL in and an attacking minded central midfielder so Benno can go on the wing again. Oh and, a new striker, maybe someone like that Barbasour or whatever his name is and another striker that's proven at that level.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Tommy Lee Chesterfield G/K, Highly rated, Talented & out of contract in the summer. Been linked with half the other clubs in The Championship already.
Would be a better alternative to Brezovan & provide competition for Casper

D

Deleted member 18477

we need murray, dicker and bridcutt, to keep hold of bennett etc and then:

-keeper. ankergren is dodgy, brilliant time waster but we need a keeper who is going to deal with aerial balls.
-centre defender. need serious cover for greer and el abd or even a starter ahead of 1 of them.
-rightback/leftback cover. calde and painter need cover in case of injury.
-centre midfield. someone like prutton? completly controlled the game when swindon came to town. and has experience!!! + swindon are down so he'll want higher football.
-winger. Lua Lua!
-striker. wood isn't good enough. Mackail smith would be brilliant. we need a real finisher. if we can get better than mackail smith then brilliant!

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Hermann Hreidarsson
Johnnie Jackson
Jonathan Douglas
Kazenga Lualua
Will Hoskins
Jason Roberts
Mikael Forsell

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Kazengaaaaaaaaaaa ... is a deffo target also that babaralousousou or whatever his name is.. for melbourne roar ..
Micheal owen would also be a good one

One player i have liked all season is ben marshall from Carlisle on loan from somewhere :>)

presume you mean Brisbsane roar? and I presume this is a joke as he's also a NZ striker the same age as Chris Wood (actually slightly older) and as he's not an international, much shitter?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
GK - Steve Simonsen (from relegated Sheff United)
MID - KLL (Newcastle), Dale Jennings (Tranmere)
FWD - Michael Kightley (Wolves), Hoskins (B.Rovers)

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
The best experienced player we ever picked up in my opinion was Frank Worthington. Great ex England player with the deft flicks and touches. But we didn't get promoted.

A certain Jimmy Case would have been my choice.

Today though, Nile Ranger is a good shout but Leon Best would be better. Those writing off Chris Wood need their head examining. He is a young lad who has gained some great experience playing against the worlds finest at the last World Cup. He has a whole lot of potential & I think with what he has learnt this season would be an excellent prospect.
The thing is we have a squad brimming with "prospects" (potential) as our squad is pretty young which is a beautiful thing if we can keep them together as they will grow as a team as well as individuals, this can only be good.
We do need experience out on the pitch, we have an abundance of it off the pitch with our fantastic management team & I really hope that we capture an experienced striker because whether Murray stays or goes he doesn't have the experience, we have given him the finest moments of his career thus far. It's anybodies guess as to who we bring in, I hope Hoskins does arrive as he is another exciting prospect to add to our team that will grow into one of the best teams in The Championship & eventually with the requisite fine tuning The Premiership. Yes that is where we can get to with Gus at the helm & the right aquisitions.
The assumption that you have to buy your way to the promised land could be proven wrong by allowing this team to grow together, blood the likes of Caskey, Dunk, Walker, Adgestein et al & add a proven goalscorer who otherwise would be headed to MLS & we can finally become a secure club in the higher Championship & beyond.

I'm not going to read this back so it might be a load of codswallop but it's what I thought at the time!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Are people mentally ill talking about Michael Owen and Kolo Toure? I really do hope I'm just missing some incredibly well veiled sarcasm because that's f***ing idiotic. If we're stalling on Murray's demands we're hardly going to afford Michael f***ing Owen are we? And to think people reckon Southampton fans are deluded and arrogant.:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here