Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] REALISTIC signings for next season?

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Guarantee the club do not buy a striker- with Andone ,Welbeck , Maupay and Zeqirii , plus Connolly, they would have to sell or loan 2 of those to warrant someone new.
Don’t need 5 or 6 of them

Money will go on left wing back only .

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If he's fit and his attitude is good then Andone could be a real asset. But who knows how that'll play out.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Guarantee the club do not buy a striker- with Andone ,Welbeck , Maupay and Zeqirii , plus Connolly, they would have to sell or loan 2 of those to warrant someone new.

Welbeck is out of contract in the summer.

You'd imagine we'd listen to offers for Andone. Connolly could well go out on loan.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some more youngsters (not cheap - we'll fork out a fair few million on them, as we did last year). Anybody who thinks we'll be signing two or three players to go straight into the first team is deluded (please feel free to bounce this in September).

There's a few we could do with selling, but there won't exactly be queues to buy our cast offs in these Covid affected times. Many other teams will be trying to off-load too.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

That's exactly how I see it.

I think Welbeck will sign a new deal and I have a suspicion we'll sell Connolly.

I think our striking options next season will be Maupay, Welbeck, Andone and Zeqiri

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I understand Andone is on £40K a week and he has 2 years left of his deal. He has just turned 28, he is presently injured so won't get much opportunity to impress before the end of this season, and he's already coming back off a bad injury suffered in Turkey.

Therefore, I'd be surprised if anyone would offer him a deal anything like as good as he's already got, and from his position it doesn't get better than Prem football at a club where has has an excellent chance of game-time.

Potter has worked wonders already but one thing he hasn't done yet is improve the goal output of any of our strikers, so it is in their mutual interest to try and make it work. A fit Andone will provide excellent competition for Maupay.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
That's exactly how I see it.

I think Welbeck will sign a new deal and I have a suspicion we'll sell Connolly.

I think our striking options next season will be Maupay, Welbeck, Andone and Zeqiri

I would be surprised if Andone was fully reintegrated into the squad. I might be wrong, but I don’t think Potter trusts him, hence why he went out on loan. His ability isn’t in doubt, but his temperament is (see Southampton at home and WBA away).

I think he might get a couple of appearances before the end of the season if we’re comfortable, then he’ll be sold in the summer having proven his fitness.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I think we will sign a striker. We were prepared it seems to spend on Nunez last summer, and I suspect we’ll have 45-50M in for Bissouma. Also, TB in his line of work will have looked at the expected Points table and be very clear what the missing part is.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

If that's the case the board are stupider than I took them for

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think if we do sell Bissouma for the "won't get much change out of £40-50 million" fee Ex-Arsenal pundit Kevin Campbell mentioned last night on Sky then we could do worse than buy Maitland-Niles, who is excelling in his preferred position of central midfield under Sam Allardyce.

Obviously, he also gives you cover at both LWB and RWB too and would seem to be tailor-made for the Albion. Apparently, we made enquiries last summer and if Bissouma does join Arsenal then you might think the negotiations between clubs could take place simultaneously.

The only problem here is that Maitland-Niles will be greatly sought after and in a strong position to upgrade his £35K a week salary. However, it looks like Biss is on £25K pw and out of contract Izquierdo is on £45K pw so we have scope to manage the c. £50K a week Maitland-Niles wages he'll command.

How do you allegedly know our whole squads salary’s? I assume this is guesswork?!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Myron Boadu fits the bill. Good link up play, strong, quick, Recent Dutch international, 20 years old, outperforming his XG.

but... It's in the Netherlands for AZ Alkmaar...

Straight swap with former dutch league player of the season?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I hope youre wrong.....

Maupay is turning into the new CMS. Great work rate, good bloke, but passing not great and nowhere near enough goals.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just seen that Danny Rose is out of contract this summer at Tottingham. Would be a sensational signing, so much to enjoy about his game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Welbeck is out of contract in the summer.

You'd imagine we'd listen to offers for Andone. Connolly could well go out on loan.

Andone I think will leave.

I’d happily swap Maupay plus cash for any sort of upgrade.

Maupay is okay outside the box, but incredibly average within it and if we are to progress, that is the area we need to improve. We can talk goals from midfield until we’re ‘blue in the face’, but we need to put away our chances when we get them - and we don’t.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here