Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic replacements, for Clarkson, on Top Gear..?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
brianjohnsonlolacar_638.jpg
Jeremy Clarkson

Rebecca-Jackson-Racing-driver-and-ITV4-presenter.jpg
Richard Hammond

for_the_love_of_cars.png
James May

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Guy Martin, but it may need subtitles.

May depend if he still has a driving license after this

GUY Martin is facing a police probe after admitting to driving a sports car at 180mph through a 40mph zone.

The TT racer admitted to breaking the speed limit through a small village on the Isle of Man in his review of the new Aston Martin Vanquish Carbon.

The 33-year-old wrote in the Sunday Times Driving section: ‘I saw 180mph down Sulby Straight, one of the fastest sections on the TT course, and the car wasn’t even in top gear.’

Martin added: ‘About 17 miles into the lap there’s a corner called Ballacrye, a fast left out of the village of Ballaugh.

‘On this Sunday morning I just got around it with the accelerator flat to the floor. There’s a jump after the corner, and the car was off the ground, all the lights flashing on the dash telling me everything was dropping off. It fishtailed when it landed,’

The review caught the attention of police who have confirmed they will be looking into the incident, which saw Guy Martin allegedly hit over four times the speed limit.

Isle of Man Inspector Derek Flint, said: ‘We are making some inquiries.’

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle...eeds-on-public-roads/26568.html#ixzz3XsAnBusX

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Maybe they'll do a straight car review show, as there is a gap in the market as Top Gear moved ever further away from reviewing cars. Or they do a show that is more the comedy, challenges, side of it. But I can't see them repeating the format of the current Top Gear just with a new presenter ... or 3.

anyone who has seen the american Top Gear will know how just picking 3 people and trying to fit them to the formula wont work. we know its semi-scripted and editted, but Top Gear works because the delivery is natural. the roles come from the presenters, who are genuinly like that.

i can see it working if they keep some bits (stars in reasonably priced car), change some and let a new group work their on characters onto the programme. they'd have to change the challenges, they largely rely on Clarkson's hubris and defiance in the face of not actually knowing engineering stuff. (Guy Martin for example simply wouldnt work for this reason, unless replacing May)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-in-advanced-talks-to-join-show-10223806.html

BBC bosses are reportedly in advanced talks to sign Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin as the new Top Gear presenters. The three names have been among the frontrunners tipped to present the show for some time. Kidd currently presents Channel 5's The Classic Car Show, while motorcycle racer Guy Martin has previously presented documentaries and Life on Mars actor Philip Glenister is thought to add an off-beat element to the line-up.

The show’s co-creator Andy Wilman, who has quit the series, was allegedly overheard describing the new-line up while having lunch with Jamiroquai singer Jay Kay, the Sunday Express reported. The BBC has declined to comment on the speculation.

The alleged “dream team” line-up follows the departure of Jeremy Clarkson from the flagship BBC2 show after he was suspended by the BBC for punching a producer on set. His co-stars Richard Hammond and James May also confirmed they would not be returning to the show without Clarkson.

Last week, Clarkson, Hammond and May were seen filming at Goodwood Motor Circuit, prompting rumours of a possible Top Gear comeback. It later emerged the trio were filming for their forthcoming UK tour, formerly known as Top Gear Live, which has now been renamed Clarkson, Hammond and May Live following Clarkson’s dismissal from the BBC.

Top Gear will return in a new form next year, with BBC2 controller Kim Shillinglaw refusing to rule out the possibility of a female presenter.
“We’ll definitely look at some women, but it’s not a driving priority”, she said. “I worked with a lot of female presenters and when I used to work in science that was something across the piste that I really wanted to tackle. “But I don’t think I’ve ever approached an individual show thinking that was the way I want to cast it so I think it’s an open book on that.”

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
David Cameron might be available and he'd be local to our national, loveable national treasure Clarko, to get some tips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here