Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic replacements, for Clarkson, on Top Gear..?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Sounds like JC is going to do his own thing, as for a replacement, I don't think he can be replaced. BBC will have to totally re do the show, then it'll be a dull as that crap on 5.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think people will be surprised, if they get the right presenters and a decent format how quickly people will forget Clarkson et al. It was a hugely popular show before these 3 were on board and totally different, it will be again. I haven't watched it for years but used to enjoy it first couple of years with Clarkson. It got dull. They'll revamp it and within a year all this silly bother will be forgotten.*

*maybe

Yoda

English & European
Sounds like JC is going to do his own thing, as for a replacement, I don't think he can be replaced. BBC will have to totally re do the show, then it'll be a dull as that crap on 5.

5? History Channel now it's gone that much down in the ratings. Was on Discovery before that too.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
TG was good fluff for a Sunday evening but got the impression it had started running over worn tracks. I did not like the section for stars in a reasonably priced car. Face it, it was Wogan with the same old driving stuff.
Mainly watched it for the scenery and amusingish albeit contrived jeopardy. Not sure it would work without JC but I suppose they could give it a try. it MIGHT be a breath of fresh air but that's being a tad optimistic.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
In light of her high profile twin doing well in the polls, might I suggest

The_Krankies.jpg

and lose that irritating Hammond tw@t at the same time

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Piers Morgan. Just to annoy Clarkson.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
You cant - simple as that. It was the chemistry between the 3 that made the show and you cannot recreate that.

The BBC may as well just cash-in on the brand - any revamped show simply would not bring in the same audience numbers or revenue so it will lose loads anyway - making a large financial gain by selling it on might be the best idea though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's bit like the nuclear deterrent argument. We all die.
I don't watch it anyway, one of the worst programs on TV. I accept that my view is not shared by all.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Fresh start with Al Murray, Johnny Vegas and Julian Clary with Fanny the wonder dog Mk2.

More items on gay looking beautiful British cars for fat people.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Axe it as, like many other BBC shows (Question of Sport, Have I Got News For You, Never Mind the Buzzcocks etc), Top Gear has got more and more boring and ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here