Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic managers who could replace Sami with immediate effect...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not one single name on this thread fills me with joy. Perhaps that is why Tony Bloom is clinging on to the hope that Sami can turn things round??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not one single name on this thread fills me with joy. Perhaps that is why Tony Bloom is clinging on to the hope that Sami can turn things round??

90% of them probably wouldn't agree to come here which makes it all even more depressing

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Father Christmas.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I know one manager who is qualified and could keep us up.......... Tony Pulis.

I know he managed Palace, but whats more important is us being able to play Palace in the Championship next year and not getting relegated. And Pulis is a manager who has a proven quality track record of keeping a team in trouble and on the verge of relegation, up.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What was the name of that French chap that we apparently interviewed? Wonder if he could be worth another look. Mind you, he failed to outshine Sami Hyypia in the interview process, that's can't be a good sign.

but then again they could not pick their noses
intelligent , thoughtful and a good manager Mr Hoddle please

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
What was the name of that French chap that we apparently interviewed? Wonder if he could be worth another look. Mind you, he failed to outshine Sami Hyypia in the interview process, that's can't be a good sign.

Fred Hantz
He is still available as he took the decision to have a break when he missed out on our job.
He mentions both in this interview with French paper (excuse google translate).
http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2014/06/16/1901319-j-aimerai-coacher-en-angleterre.html

"The football coach Frederic Hantz was yesterday on his land Aveyron Onet after celebrating his 20th wedding anniversary a few hours earlier. Smiling, relaxed, available, he reversed his four years at the head of the team of Bastia he led National L1.
You have surprised many people when you signed for Bastia then National. You said never want to manage a club with a strong history?

Yes, because I was afraid and I still fear the constant reminder with the exploits of the past. When I arrived in Bastia, the club was far from National comparisons with its glorious history. I knew the L2 and L1 to be trained and I had to follow a National Rodez season. I knew where I was getting into and commen t quickly get results. My leaders have trusted me. I have worked with them. We went back in L1 in continuity.

And you have taken the decision to leave Bastia?

Yes, it was hard and I'm going to mourn. I have always worked with the emotional with my clubs, my players, my staff. I work giving a lot even with this new generation of footballers that are said individualists. If you take the time to address them with a message that they understand, they can blend into a collective. It's an investment that I do not want to overlook, but that involves a mad energy. Today, I need a break as Gillot (eg Bordeaux) or Guard (ex Lyon). I feel this need to log off to recharge the batteries. I will go abroad to follow the games, see workouts, project myself into the future.

One can imagine Frédéric Hantz finding work during the winter transfer window?

No, because it is 9 times out of 10 a complex situation. I experienced this in Le Havre. This does not captivates me.

While looking for a TV channel?

Story to follow the matches, preparing a pointed manner before taking the antenna, the challenge is interesting because it has an equivalent technical approach to that developed before a meeting.

What can we regain the championship you?

I almost from Brighton, England there a few days but I was beaten in the final by Samy Hypia. Reims knocked on my door. I went to Champagne, this does not happen. I would like to coach in England. This country, its way of living football captivate me. I have also been in training at Everton with David Moyses when I prepared my coaching diploma.

And France?

I want to stay in L1. It's not pretentious. I have 48 years experience, I wish to use it for high-level challenges. I know what I want to do.

What do you think of L1 championship?

There are 5 formations above the other, PSG, Monaco, Lille, Marseille and Saint-Etienne, others fight for the remaining places.

Your successor in Bastia, Claude Makelele begins on coach bench. What do you think?

I wish him the best as well as Bastia club that will remain in my heart. I would have been funny if I had signed at Reims, to find myself playing against Bastia ... Going back to Claude Makelele, I will not comment on his work nor his team, because I would like to not that we do that to me.

What will you do the next day?

I relax in Aveyron, enjoy nature. I intend also to enjoy Corsica this summer, go for a walk in the Island, enjoy its beauty, so many things that I could do during my four years at Bastia. Then, in January, I will launch myself to other football adventures in England in the USA or elsewhere.

You give the kickoff of the final of the U-13 tournament Onet?

Yes, I am proud and I admire the work of volunteers involved in this event.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Fred Hantz
He is still available as he took the decision to have a break when he missed out on our job.
He mentions both in this interview with French paper (excuse google translate).
http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2014/06/16/1901319-j-aimerai-coacher-en-angleterre.html

"The football coach Frederic Hantz was yesterday on his land Aveyron Onet after celebrating his 20th wedding anniversary a few hours earlier. Smiling, relaxed, available, he reversed his four years at the head of the team of Bastia he led National L1.
You have surprised many people when you signed for Bastia then National. You said never want to manage a club with a strong history?

Yes, because I was afraid and I still fear the constant reminder with the exploits of the past. When I arrived in Bastia, the club was far from National comparisons with its glorious history. I knew the L2 and L1 to be trained and I had to follow a National Rodez season. I knew where I was getting into and commen t quickly get results. My leaders have trusted me. I have worked with them. We went back in L1 in continuity.

And you have taken the decision to leave Bastia?

Yes, it was hard and I'm going to mourn. I have always worked with the emotional with my clubs, my players, my staff. I work giving a lot even with this new generation of footballers that are said individualists. If you take the time to address them with a message that they understand, they can blend into a collective. It's an investment that I do not want to overlook, but that involves a mad energy. Today, I need a break as Gillot (eg Bordeaux) or Guard (ex Lyon). I feel this need to log off to recharge the batteries. I will go abroad to follow the games, see workouts, project myself into the future.

One can imagine Frédéric Hantz finding work during the winter transfer window?

No, because it is 9 times out of 10 a complex situation. I experienced this in Le Havre. This does not captivates me.

While looking for a TV channel?

Story to follow the matches, preparing a pointed manner before taking the antenna, the challenge is interesting because it has an equivalent technical approach to that developed before a meeting.

What can we regain the championship you?

I almost from Brighton, England there a few days but I was beaten in the final by Samy Hypia. Reims knocked on my door. I went to Champagne, this does not happen. I would like to coach in England. This country, its way of living football captivate me. I have also been in training at Everton with David Moyses when I prepared my coaching diploma.

And France?

I want to stay in L1. It's not pretentious. I have 48 years experience, I wish to use it for high-level challenges. I know what I want to do.

What do you think of L1 championship?

There are 5 formations above the other, PSG, Monaco, Lille, Marseille and Saint-Etienne, others fight for the remaining places.

Your successor in Bastia, Claude Makelele begins on coach bench. What do you think?

I wish him the best as well as Bastia club that will remain in my heart. I would have been funny if I had signed at Reims, to find myself playing against Bastia ... Going back to Claude Makelele, I will not comment on his work nor his team, because I would like to not that we do that to me.

What will you do the next day?

I relax in Aveyron, enjoy nature. I intend also to enjoy Corsica this summer, go for a walk in the Island, enjoy its beauty, so many things that I could do during my four years at Bastia. Then, in January, I will launch myself to other football adventures in England in the USA or elsewhere.

You give the kickoff of the final of the U-13 tournament Onet?

Yes, I am proud and I admire the work of volunteers involved in this event.

After the first sentence I lost the will to live:mad:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Calderon until a new manger is in place...

He would motivate the current players and bring back some passion.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Paolo Di Canio.

Top-flight experience as a player.
Coached an English team to a promotion.
Doesn't know WWII is over.
A frank psychotic.
Unemployed.

But, passion. Got to grant me that.

Because that's what's really important in this league.

Westmead Fan

Jul 17, 2014
it has to be someone out of work

brian mcdermott good coach would consolidate & probably get mid table

the other names some people have said, would they really come & could brighton really afford the money they want???

tiny tiny chance but highly unlikely ole gunnar solskjaer if bloom wanted to go the foreign route again did well at molde but cardiff under the currant owner was always going to be mission impossible

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here