Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic managers who could replace Sami with immediate effect...

Feb 14, 2010
Someone who knows the culture of the club and who would turn things upside down and expect to be punching above our weight instead of well below it. I will do it..

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Seriously? I couldn't disagree more. Compare the last 2 years, to this is like chalk and cheese. Have you seen the goals today, the ones against Fulham - the list is endless......

Considering we can't score in a brothel, our goal difference isn't too bad if you disregard today's -3 goals.
Nothing wrong with the quality of players we have got in defence and Hyypia knows his gravy there.
It is the rest that he doesn't appear to know nowt about.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Our defence is fine, that is one thing that actually Hyypia has an inkling about

Really? Three over thirties and a left back that can't tackle? Very often two centre backs with no full backs in our half and no holding midfielder protecting? We are well on the way to conceding over 80 goals this season methinks.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Someone who knows the culture of the club and who would turn things upside down and expect to be punching above our weight instead of well below it. I will do it..

I'd rather have Warren Aspinall though :thumbsup:

He'd probably take the job, Glen Hoddle would be my choice but I doubt any good proven manager would take the job tbh

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Mentioned in the group I was in today :

Keane
McDermott
Hoddle

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Let's be reasonable about this. Hyypia is not a manager, he is a former player who's a complete flop at attempting to deliver results from the sidelines.

And the board have surprised us in the past with totally unexpected appointments - no one would have bet on us getting Garcia or Hyypia before-hand.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
McDermott - could do a job......but just wouldn't be very exciting;
Pulis - yes please......but can't see him coming unless TB tears up the whole recruitment structure, which unfortunately I'm pretty sure he won't;
Hughton - another yes please.....and not beyond the bounds of possibility;
Hoddle - God (and Eileen) No, No, No, No, No!
Sherwood - no;
Clarke - possible;
Hope Powell - well, would certainly generate even more publicity for the club than the appointment of Brian Clough back in the 1970's! Bit left field, but not unthinkable.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
King Kev... Keegan's blue and white army!

Only if in all pre math press conferences and interviews he gets animated and says 'I would love it, love it if we beat them'

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Bloom is very left field,with his appointments ,and i see no reason that he might change,therefore all the a fore mentioned names,i think will be too soiled for him so IMO if Sammi is replaced,and that is not certain,we can expect a name few would have guessed.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
McDermott seems a very obvious leading candidate to me - I'd love us to get him in, if, if he'd take it. Top bloke and an excellent, intelligent manager with the right kind of experience. Not at all keen on Hoddle, personally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here