Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic managers who could replace Sami with immediate effect...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
For the 90 seconds that it would last, a Roy Keane stewardship would be more entertaining than a troupe of monkeys who can juggle. We'd finish bottom of the league and he'd eventually end up decapitating someone in one of the 1901 lounges. But WHAT fun it would all be.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
For the 90 seconds that it would last, a Roy Keane stewardship would be more entertaining than a troupe of monkeys who can juggle. We'd finish bottom of the league and he'd eventually end up decapitating someone in one of the 1901 lounges. But WHAT fun it would all be.

Hey lets go the whole hog and get Di Canio in with Keane as his assistant? Utter carnage!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What was the name of that French chap that we apparently interviewed? Wonder if he could be worth another look. Mind you, he failed to outshine Sami Hyypia in the interview process, that's can't be a good sign.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
José Riga. Championship experience and was well regarded at Charlton. Blackpool not his fault. Available and foreign which Tony would love.

I see the case for an experienced British manager but I suspect that Bloom might resist such a U-turn.

I've also been thinking that a candidate like Jose Riga might fit Bloom's managerial spec. Tony has shown a preference for appointing young outsiders, supposedly with continental flair. Yes, Hyypia has rather blown that concept to smithereens, but Tony would still argue that Gus and Oscar did 'ok'. So I wouldn't be surprised if Bloom perseveres with his model. Riga seems to be well regarded, despite choosing some questionable jobs.

Although we are currently plumbing the depths and badly need reviving I suspect the Albion would be a breath of fresh air compared to Blackpool. I suspect that one reason why Bloom prefers young ambitious managers is because they are more compliant and less likely to resist working with the constraints placed upon them. Maybe Riga would see the constraints at Brighton as being comparatively luxurious, so might feel happy to take on the job, while being sufficently compliant to meet Blooms requirements?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Hoddle is my choice, I just think this club suits him down to the ground with the academy in place, failing that McDermott who has done it before, Zola (who wouldn't take it because he's Gus' mate which leaves Steve Clarke and Chris Houghton, either of which I'd be happy with.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
People forget Roy Keane done a good job at Sunderland getting them out of this league.Ok Ipswich wasn't his finest hour, but if he has learnt from that I think there's a good job in him. He wouldn't work with Jones and Burke though..He would certainly ruffle a few feathers.Which is exactly what's needed atm.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He might be ex-Palace but Shaun Derry has done an excellent job at Notts County, taking them from the relegation zone to the top 6 with no budget to work with. He also knows the league inside out as a player.

Derry with an experienced foreign manager with a flair side to mentor him would be my ideal scenario.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here