Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
There is a two-hourly direct service to Reading from Brighton calling at Hove, Shoreham, Worthing, Chichester, Southampton, Winchester and Basingstoke. It'll probably take you a while though.

Uncle Buck said:
Would that be the Hobgoblin?

Regarding the trains, you need to change at Gatwick. There is generally one an hour, departing at 03, takes about 75 minutes.

Indeedy doody Uncle Buck it would be. Was supposed to be at Edgeley but due to network rails bloody incompetence in shutting half the bloody network down uop there I'm not going :nono: :censored:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
readingstockport said:
Indeedy doody Uncle Buck it would be. Was supposed to be at Edgeley but due to network rails bloody incompetence in shutting half the bloody network down uop there I'm not going :nono: :censored:

What time does it open at. We are getting into Reading just after 10am (I think), so Wetherspoons and then in theory there for 11am, but CAMRA pubs sometimes do not open until midday.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Uncle Buck said:
There is, but it is not coming up on National Rail, so I am guessing they are ripping the track up somewhere.

No works, but apparently there are no direct trains on a Saturday until 12.57pm. You would get to the match about half time so I guess it's not much good. You can however change at Basingstoke but only to recommended if you are a train spotter and fancy a roundabout route to the game

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
What was that pub everyone went to in our championship season that was owned by a brighton fan? that was wicked

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
So is there actually any sort of pub within a reasonable distance of the Madstad that we can drink in in numbers wearing albion colours??

If so , thats where I wanna be! :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here